Author Topic: Physical Copies?  (Read 11652 times)

Offline Darsain

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Physical Copies?
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 05:38:14 pm »
Good to see a new run of copies. I just hope I have better luck running it off the disc than the download that I can't get to run

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »
Hi Darsian, can you tell what happens when you try to run Dark Destiny?
Also, are you using XP Windows7, Windows8 or something else?
Did you download it from the V 1.07(793MB) link here?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 07:59:03 pm »
Yes I am also interested in what is going wrong?  I think I may host the files in a dropbox link as well if people are having issues with the files.

Darsain, I got your email, I want to return that to you, I won't charge a fan shipping/cost to make the disks anymore, but I will make it for you for nothing;)

Please be patient though, I am redoing the map and email inserts to make them better than the original run, so it will get done soon, but probably not within the next week.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Darsain

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:39 pm »
Yes, I used that link, and it downloaded. I extracted it to the desktop, opened the folder, and could not find an install file. The game.exe file wasn't working either. My OS is Vista 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for the help

Offline Darsain

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 02:03:13 am »
Alright, I've got it working, now if I can just get this 360 controller configured properly...

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »
Excellent! Can you share what the problem was in case anyone else has the same issue?

Offline Darsain

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 02:44:50 am »
Leave the game.exe in the folder. Right click it and create a shortcut for the desktop

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 05:38:53 pm »
Well that's easy. Maybe file permission or such. Thank you for the info.

I used my 360 controller for this game along with Joy2key. You have to unplug the 360 controller when you start the game up so that it doesn't try to auto-configure the controls. But otherwise it worked great. I think I still have the Joy2Key configuration file for the 360 controller floating around if you want it.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 06:47:25 pm »
I actually ordered a nice PS2 controller clone for the PC a few months back. Thought I'd use it with this game. However, it had gotten damaged during shipping. The seller sent me two new ones, but they never even made it, so I got my money back. Really annoying. I need to get another one.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »
I've had the same problem with stuff shipped from China. It's usually loose in a bubble mailer and plastic stuff gets cracked pretty easy. :sadani:
If you haven't checked them out, you might consider a PS2 to USB adapter. Official PS2 controllers are usually better quality than clones and you can get them pretty cheap.