Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 3800 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Merry Christmas!
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:25:04 pm »
Dark Destiny V1 is available for download here:

www.swordofmoonlight.com/DD.htm

Enjoy and merry christmas all!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:11:39 pm »
I'm about two hours play-time in and I've never been so happy to find a healing spell! Very cool recreations of Melenat. You got me scared to go into the waterfall cave on the shore because I was having flashbacks to the dozens of times the skeleton in there killed me in the original King's Field.  :biggrin:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:33:14 pm »
:D

Im glad youre liking it so far...I think the beginning is a bit rough..hopefully you have located some of the crystal flasks and the golden fountain..it should help out a bit.

Getting armor in every slot is so important. Without armor stuff is really going to nail you hard for a while.

Hope it doesnt get boring and you keep on trucking :)

If you need help lemme know!
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 06:35:04 pm »
So far, Dark Destiny has been extremely stable and I'm impressed! I'll post any 'glitches' I notice here.

If I die in the village (near the miner's guild) it doesn't consume a Dragon Crystal.
The prince in the Mayor's house has a 'to' that should be 'too' in his text.
One merchant (sorry forgot which one) has 255 of a nameless item that they sell for free. I bought them all!!
:)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 11:10:00 pm »

{{{SPOILERS BELOW!!}}}}}

{{{NO REALLY STOP READING. YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!}}}}}}

{{{{LAST WARNING!!!!!}}}}}}

{{{I TRIED TO WARN YOU BUT NOOOO. YOU JUST HAAAD TO KEEP READING DIDN"T YOU}}}}

I think I found a significant bug in the JDO quest from the bulletin board. I accepted the quest, and when I first talked to JDO it seemed like maybe he thought I had already completed stage 1 of his request. Also, the quest text still appeared on the bulletin board. I then completed the rest of the quest (got the four elemental keys) and JDO's store reopened. But then I re-read the bulletin board again (JDO quest was still there) and accepted it again. Now JDO's store is unavailable (he says 'have you found any information yet?'). I expect he's waiting for me to complete some stage in the quest that I've already done.

Waaaahhhhh!!!!!! I just 'pawned' all my stuff so I could buy his Gold Key in preparation for another 'world-tour' too. If I sent you my save, could you load it in SoM's debugger and set the Leafs/counters to where they should be? I don't know how to re-access his store otherwise. 

PS EDIT: I hacked my save and got JDO's store to reopen, but the quest board still shows the 'JDO needs help' message even though that quest is complete. I don't know if it will reset correctly if there are supposed to be future quests. 11 play hours in!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:25:52 am by HwitVlf »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:59:07 am »
If you hug the right side wall at this change map warp, it doesn't activate and you end up falling to your death.
Also, you can stay at the inn for free if you have no gold- not that I'm complaining about that one  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:22:57 am by HwitVlf »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:42:49 am »
 :doh: @ the JDO quest mistakes.  I can't believe I mucked that up!

I wonder how?  I will look into it and patch it soon.

Thank you for finding all these screw ups John...I really do appreciate the debugging.

Sounds like youre moving along quite well if you have all that stuff done!

I am curious about a few things....how many magics do you have at this point and do you have Harvine's Key??
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 08:45:06 am »
Oh if you have the elemental weapon keys you have finished the questline.... so no need to reset it I guess.

Check your debugger and your final counter value for counter 'quest line' should be 11.
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 04:45:53 pm »
Counter 60 named 'quest line'=5 right now. All I did to 'fix' my save was hex-edit the shop owner's speech Leaf to 00 which reopened his store.

Attached is the save where JDO store is unavailable (in case that helps you figure out if there's a problem). I remember reading the partially legible plaque about a ritual before taking the JDO quest; it seems like it might be related. Maybe I messed things up by completing part of the quest before actually accepting it?

I have 9 spells total but I haven't found Harvines key yet. . . I think I found a couple places that need that key though.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 05:48:46 pm »
Just noticed that the player can't get close enough to Radd to use the Trutth Mirror on him. If he was just a little closer to his counter, it might fix it.