Author Topic: Is 100% completion possible?  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Zeravu_Jipa

• Long Sword Swinger
Is 100% completion possible?
« on: November 11, 2016, 07:50:53 pm »
Hello, anyone that still comes here! I suddenly got the urge to play this great classic again, and I'm almost completely through. I have done and collected just about everything possible in this game, but I'm stuck at 98.39%. I got all of the weapon trophies, all the spells, and all of the enemy trophies except for that damn last boss. I unlocked the final boss's chamber and opened it, but that still doesn't add the last boss trophy, so I'm not sure what I have to do to get full completion in the library. I also showed the Ancient Relic to Master Torix and got all of the rare drops (I think?), including the Dragon Boots. Do those boots show up anywhere in the Library? Because I don't think I've seen them.

I'm finally so very close to truly beating this game, but I'm not sure what else to do. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Is 100% completion possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 07:59:10 am »
Hey there, glad you are giving the game a 100% playthrough, that is really awesome!  I would like to help you figure out what is missing, could you post your game save or PM it to me and I will have a look at it and see what might be the issue.

It has been nearly 8 years since I have even looked at the game so my memory on what unlocks what is a bit foggy but with a save I can load it up and check the room and compare it to the game's editor files and see what may be missing (or if it may simply be bugged).

Getting 98% is an astonishing feat, I certainly don't want you stuck not having 100% when you likely have earned it.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Zeravu_Jipa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:50:45 pm »
Wow, so about those Dragon Boots: I remembered that I had actually gotten one to drop from each of the two Royal Dragons in Verdite Castle, so I figured I might as well sell that extra one, and... it gave me one of the missing completion boosts! I am now at 98.92%! It also suddenly appeared in the "Relics From Afar" display. I have NO idea why it didn't count when I had 2 in my inventory, but as soon as I sold the extra one, it suddenly counted as me having it!

Anyways, here is the file. Seeing as how seemingly every unlock gives you a completion boost of around .53% to .54%, it seems that I'm only missing two unlocks, and 1 is for sure that last boss trophy! Thank you for your time and help!

EDIT: Alas, that annoying age-old bug with the disappearing Scorpion Queen trophy persists! I don't think it affected my completion, but it IS kind of annoying not being able to see it when you can see everything else!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:49:41 pm by Zeravu_Jipa »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:58:01 am »
That is because like a dummy I have the event set up to track if you have 1 of the item rather than > 0.

I should have time to look at your game save today.
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 12:39:07 am »
Sorry for the wait, will have time to check it out in the morning, had a busy week :(
Site Founder

Offline Zeravu_Jipa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 01:12:44 am »
It's all good, I've been pretty busy myself!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:48:52 am by Zeravu_Jipa »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 09:54:19 am »
OK...so I looked into it and this is what I found:

1. I loaded your game and went back to the final room, let veyrac and the dragons killed me and tested the library.  This causes Veyrac to appear there and raises your pct to 99ish, so there was one more thing missing somewhere...

2. I have no explanation why the scorpion queen does not appear in the library in your game, it appears to be a bug with the event, as you have the right counter, and I tested it on other saves and it does the same thing.  This bug is not affecting your % though so its just an aesthetic problem.  I may bug some other SOMers to see if they can find out why its not popping.  There are in fact many items also not appearing, almost as if SOM does not want to read the entire event script (for example 2 of the elemental keys dont appear either, but its totally without reason from what I can tell.)

3. The final % point you are missing is for the Guyra's Shield item.  Its good news that I know what is missing, however I can't recall for the life of me where you get it.  I scoured the enemy drop table and went through several of the final maps searching for it in a chest and so on and I could not find it.  I am trying to find my old docs that I made when first working on the game to see if there is anything on where I placed this item.

If the item is indeed missing from the game I apologize, I may bug Verdite to see how he has patched his game without breaking saves to see if I can sneak it in somewhere without harming your save file.  I will get back to you on it.
Site Founder

Offline Zeravu_Jipa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 01:23:14 am »
Alright, thank you for the help!

What I noticed about the Scorpion Queen trophy is that it appeared in the library the FIRST time I went there after defeating her, and then it disappears for the subsequent times! I don't know if that has anything to do with anything or not, but hopefully that can help you pinpoint the problem!

Also, while running through Verdite Castle again, I noticed an illegible-script-thing on the outside wall, so I checked it out with the Truth Glass, and it just said "The Hill of Prayer:"; it seemed to be unfinished! It kind of surprised me!

Which elemental keys do you mean? The 4 keys of Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind that I got from Orladin's Fountain all appear on that shelf when I go there...

I was fairly sure I had thoroughly explored everywhere. I hope you can find this Guyra's Shield item soon, it's the only thing barring me from completion! And speaking of drop rates, it would also be interesting to know exactly what enemies drop what, to see what kind of free equipment you can get from them! I had noticed that Wind Knights drop Knight Plate Arm Guards, and for some reason, a Kald once dropped a Demon Shield!

Anyways, thank you once again, I really appreciate the help! :)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
I am pretty certain that the shield is missing, I will find a way to patch the game and add it to the world without breaking your save so you can get the final %.

As for the queen, her disappearing act wont hurt your completion % but it sure is darn crazy to me why she is acting up, none of the other monsters do it and they are all triggered in the same manner.  I will have to figure it out!
Site Founder

Offline user0068

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 08:43:23 pm »
Great game.  I just completed it before posting here.  Last time I checked I had 91.8% without finding the chamber key or facing the final boss, so I was probably just under 93% on completion.  The only items I know for sure I was missing was the wind and dark stones (assuming there were any), and a "Magician's Map" if there was one.

I can't believe I wasn't higher than 93%.  Must be a lot of rare enemy drops out there I missed.

My only real suggestion for this game if you ever update it again would to be to make some of the main quest stuff less convoluted.  I finally had to give up and come here to find out what to do with the Circle of Twelve to finish the story line when all I had to do was use it in the room I found it in. 

That one single thing would be my only complaint about a game worthy of the King's Field name.  Keeping the other secrets on non story arc things a mystery is great.  Big respect to the guy who nearly got 100% completion.  No way I have the patience to go around trying to figure out what makes up that other 7% I'm missing.

Thanks again!