Author Topic: i wonder...  (Read 1675 times)

Offline treos

• Long Sword Swinger
i wonder...
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:23:01 pm »
could SoM be used to make a mega man game? i just got this random idea in my head: "what if i used this to make a 1st-person mega man game?"

some different map textures, different monsters/NPC's.... weapons could still be the usual swords and whatnot but perhaps add a set of energy blades for things such as zero's Z-Saber. spells could be the various special attacks and could be unlocked by defeating boss monsters.

hmmm...to keep or not to keep the lvling system...if possible then the lvl system could be swapped and instead of lvling for mp/hp there could be items that raise such stats scattered through the world. though the rpg lvling aspect would still be nice too (maybe 2 versions, one with the items and another with the usual lvling and no stat boost items).

armor could be handled like in the X series with areas containing hidden upgrades (i wonder if it'd be possible to restrict armor use until you collect each full set...).

this could be something interesting to attempt.

oh and after downloading, looking through it, and tinkering with it some...this SoM program is actually surprisingly easy to use. i'd imagine just about anyone could use this to make their own games with ease. though the event system did and still does give me a bit of trouble figuring out.

i was thinking (on a simple test map of course) trying to make a stone pedestal (1 for each element) that, when interacted with (space bar), would teach you magic at different lvls but i can't quite figure out how to get that to work right. it'd give the first spell but after that nothing happens even if i meet the next lvl requirement i had set for it. so that part IS more complex than i first thought but it's nothing i can't figure out with time and practice.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: i wonder...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:48 am »
I suppose it's possible, but it'd be pretty hard. Take my advice and make a few short games to gain some mastery with the program before you tackle something as advanced as that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:29:30 am by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112