Author Topic: An idea for a FROM Software RPG retrospective video series.  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Loophole

• Dagger Carrier
  • Hi! King's Field is pretty cool!
    • Twitter
An idea for a FROM Software RPG retrospective video series.
« on: November 25, 2015, 05:32:00 am »
Hello all!  :smile:

So just to introduce myself before I talk about my rad idea for a little video series on YouTube, I wanted to give a quick backstory as to who I am and why I want to do this. I'm a guy from California, and I seriously love the King's Field series, it's probably my all time favorite video game IP's and it's one that I deeply respect as much as everyone on this humble forum does. I love the lore, I love the small but insanely dedicated and passionate community, I love the dense gameplay, I love the art designs, everything about King's Field I absolutely adore, and just now I've been tempted to make this idea for a video series a reality.

Whenever I see a YouTube video review on a FROM Software RPG pre-Demon's Souls, it's almost always extremely cringe worthy. Most of the time people aren't aware of the backstory of how these games were released, and many overlook the fact at how incredibly ambitious these games were on the PlayStation, something that really got to me to be a fan of this franchise. So, I felt that a respectful video series that goes into very deep details on how the game was released, when it was released, how it compared to sequels, how they were different from the original Japanese releases, etc.

A lot of the cold hard facts will probably come from this extremely helpful written retrospective; though most of it is pretty obvious; http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kingsfield/kf01.htm

I want to look at every first person RPG that FROM Software has made, including Shadow Tower, Eternal Ring, and Shadow Tower: Abyss, as well as Sword of Moonlight and King's Field Pilot Style (what an awesome name!). Videos will be released in chronological order, so starting with King's Field and ending with Shadow Tower: Abyss. Maybe I'd do an extra review for King's Field Additional; whatever. Of course I'd also give my opinions on the game themselves, which are all pretty diverse. The original King's Field II is one of my favorite games of all time, it's exceptional at pretty much everything it does. King's Field III on the other hand, was a really over ambitious mess. Stuff like that I 'd go into detail about and why I have these thoughts, but for now I'm just throwing them out to you, fellow Fielders.

Now to conclude this hypothetical vision, I want to reiterate who I am a little more. I'm a YouTuber who makes videos on video games, not just King's Field, and I have more than 1,500 active subscribers, not a lot of course, but enough to potentially get the word out to some more folks. I'm deeply passionate about these games, and I think it's high time someone did a respectful, in depth love letter in video format.   :beerchug:

Hope to those reading this find some amusement out of this idea. If I go through with it, I'll definitely link them in here!

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
Re: An idea for a FROM Software RPG retrospective video series.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:42:58 pm »
Sounds interesting :coffee:
Sincerely-djil;f

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: An idea for a FROM Software RPG retrospective video series.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:13:29 pm »
This sounds awesome, it's something I would most certainly watch. ^-^

- TSB
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?