Author Topic: Some good news? ...and a request for help...  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: Some good news? ...and a request for help...
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 05:11:20 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone was expecting this project to fruition.  My apologies if you were.
Again, I find myself grinding to a halt here regarding game development.

This time its not because of burnout but...
...well, I was diagnosed with cancer before Christmas so, my resources have been more consumed with saving my life than building something fun.

Still trying to do what I can regarding music... 

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 02:57:32 pm »
Man Tom, thats awful, I am sorry to hear it.  Please pm or email me sometime, I would like to catch up with you bud.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 11:22:40 pm »
Oh no :sadani:
Sincerely-djil;f

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 06:21:26 pm »
Well, I might as well turn this into Tom's cancer thread since I've already mentioned it.

I've been through hell with 3 surgeries in April and June, but 42 lymph nodes check they can no longer detect cancer in my body.  I started a very rigorous chemotherapy this Monday.  Every 2 weeks for 3 days, I have a needle in my chest injecting me with strong poisons to kill any microscopic cancers that can't be currently detected.

If you want an indicator on how potent this chemotherapy is, my wife and I try to walk a mile or two at night for our health.  Usually I'm the first to retreat when flies and mosquitoes start to gather, but they will not come anywhere near me with these powerful drugs in my system.  (which is actually kind of nice) 

I also have to have my clothes washed in a separate load of laundry because anyone wearing clothes that have been washed with mine can become very sick since the chemo will come out of my pores from sweating.

I'm still proud of the album I was able to complete after the first round of chemo/radiation and before the first surgery.  Its done well too in sales and means a lot to me as the lyrics strongly reflect my emotions and feelings as I fight for my life.  All stuff about that creation is here: http://www.orationem.com

I have no idea if I'll ever make an attempt at SoM ever again, but who knows.  I made an album in 1999 and then a sophomore album for it 14 years later so...  there's always a possibility.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 12:40:45 pm »
Good grief I haven't been here in forever.

IV Chemotherapy has been rough, but I just finished an album during it. I've got two more infusions left and I can't wait because this really sucks.