Author Topic: Am I screwed? KF2 (US)  (Read 4080 times)

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
Am I screwed? KF2 (US)
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:33:26 pm »
So I have this nasty habit of trying to get as far as possible before I should. I killed Mr. Glass of Orange Juice, because he was in my way, but let's face it he was disrespecting royalty and impersonating royalty. Both offenses are punishable by death.

I've wrapped up every single area, have the Ichrius gear, even the Lv. 5 light spell Orladin. I'm good to go, but then I found myself at a brick wall. Moonlight Sword is trapped under a force field, the castle door is sealed, and I'm beginning to think I'm screwed because I don't have an obvious way over to Cave of Shudom.  No bridge over the lava I can use.

Do I have any options or did poor game design screw me? 

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
Re: Am I screwed? KF2 (US)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:55 pm »
It's been a couple years now since I did a full playthrough, but I think you should be fine.  Have you already made the Ichrius Key yet?  If not, I think there was one area you needed to use one of the pieces (crown, etc.) to get to for the first time. 

If memory serves, the castle door/gate requires a Royal Key, which should be hidden somewhere nearby in that map area.  The ghost in the chapel (Yvette?) may have given a hint about that as well.  If the gate is sealed, then you probably need to get the Moonlight Sword first.

I think the trick to entering the Moonlight Sword force field was having visited all five mages to learn their magic.  I'm not 100% sure on that, though.  I don't think there was a trick to breaking it with attacks - it should give way when you walk into it.

For Shudom's cave, I recall having to recover a certain item from near the lava river.  (It's a 'quest' from an NPC in that map - I tried not spilling the beans here in case you wanted to have another go at it, but I'm happy to tell you if you're sick of searching.)  Then after that quest is finished, and you leave & return to that map, the bridge should be built. 

Hope that helps!

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »
Yes to all the above. I've talked to everyone multiple times including the fat guy who makes the bridge. Have full Ichrius key, royal key which I'm proud to have found on my own in the Path of Death. Apparently after the bridge is built if you kill someone  it disappears. Likely in my OCD NPC conversing I probably had already built the bridge and had it destroyed after I killed asshole lol.

That's the crisis point I'm at. Literally can't enter force field due to not having earth and no way to get earth.

So as far as I can tell my options are perform a miracle jump over the lava and land just right to wriggle up slope, sleep at inn and check for bridge and talk to fat man or less likely pick up magicians key and open locked chests to see if that somehow triggers something.

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 10:25:45 pm »
Also I have Yvettes castle corridor key just not sure where to use it. The royal key has only been effective on chests. I've never found a door to use it on. The castle door won't open unless I've got the sword I think.

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:17:16 am »
Oh, you're right - I was thinking of the corridor key, but called it the royal key.  Did you kill both of the super giant skeletons in the doors surrounding the sealed central door?  That may have been another requirement for unsealing it... 

Shudom's Cave: OK, as I remember, once you find the red herb (if you're looking towards the golden fountain but standing on the opposite side of the lava river, hug the cliff face to your right - it should be past some spider things there) you should use it when standing in front of the sick kid or their mother in the house (on the opposite side of the map, I think).  That should be what triggers the second bridge building after you leave the map. 

Or are you saying you already had the second one built and then it actually disappeared?  Weird stuff if that's the case - I've never had it vanish once built.  Killing our orange juice buddy shouldn't do anything, as I think he was only blocking the path of poison entrance and a silver key where was originally standing.  But maybe killing the kid or the mother or the fat guy who was supposed to build the bridge might have done it. 

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 01:41:23 am »
Yes literally all areas have been fully mapped including religiously searching for secret doors everywhere. Both giant skeletons dead. I assume the bridge was built and I just never got a  chance to see it. The only npc I killed was Mr orange juice who also respawned.

I'm really at a loss.

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 02:23:11 am »
Hmm...  I'm stumped.  Anyone else have any ideas?   :1zhelp:

At this point it can't hurt - maybe you can un-undo the bridge by killing another NPC in that map?  Who knows...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:29:15 am by Mord of Swoonlight »

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
I took a break and also got busy. I will give it a shot and try a few of the things we talked about. Worst case I throw in the towel and move into Kings Field The Ancient City.

Offline jwhyrock

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 02:26:44 am »
Well wrapped up my Ancient City play through. Maybe it's time to see if I can find a way past this once and for all. I'm not ready to start over.

Offline Sumez

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 02:51:00 am »
I'm probably too late with this, as I'm assuming you've either solved the issue or given up by this point.

But you need to talk to the big guy who lives next to the sick kid that you rescue. He'll build the bridge for you. But he won't do it until you've been to the palace of wind and unlocked the wind magic. There's no logic behind this, and it's one of those invisible event triggers that really bothered me in the game.

Also, how do you kill the guy who stands in you way? I tried hacking at him countless times, and he didn't even react.