Author Topic: I need to find a way to get SOM made games more exposure  (Read 3498 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
I need to find a way to get SOM made games more exposure
« on: June 06, 2015, 12:19:07 am »
It just bugs me to see the boards for these older games getting no activity we have a hundred or so sign ups on this board every year and not one person is trying out these first SOM games?  I can't figure out why so many people register here and never play/post that they played these games.  They are free and they are really well put together.  I can't imagine anyone that really loves King's Field not getting a lot of fun from playing through DoM - I would like to pledge free copies of my new DD game on Steam to whomever downloads this game and screenshots winning it.  Its a win/win situation, you get to explore a really great game and get a freebie game in the future.

Anyhow, if anyone on here knows a way to promote games I am all ears, I need to drive more traffic to this site for people who actually want to play games!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: I need to find a way to get SOM made games more exposure
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 10:53:05 am »
Well, an obvious solution would be to make a big clickable button at the top on the forums (to the right of the SOM developer forum logo) for each completed SOM game, which links to the game's download page. There's just a bunch of empty space there anyway, so I think it'd be a good place for it.

Another thing you could do is add a status update area at the top of the forums to help spark conversation, not sure where exactly you'd put it though. Look here to see an example of what I mean. http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:03:16 am by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline wolfman11983

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:43 am »
A bit out dated.. but This game is the first one to debut on my Sword of Moonlight segments of my twitch streams.  Just had to post and say, "hey, I am working on it :D"  Not sure how much impact it will have, but I am planning on playing all of them, for people to see.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 01:10:21 am »
Thanks both of you, I forgot I posted about this, I still need to find time to do the forum update as you suggested Taffer.

wolfman, I love your play throughs, I watch them a lot :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline villz559

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:37:02 am »
how about sending this to a  souls youtuber like keith ballard or fightin cowboy or lobos jr or other ppl you think could work out.

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »
I used to love these old SoM games back about 7 years ago or so, before I signed up to the forums. They were the only thing that ran on that damn laptop of mine, and I truly say that each one of them is truly worth playing. The particular game of this sub forum, Diadem of Maunstraut was bloody brilliant.

I might go back through them all and do a let's play, but first on my list is Moratheia!

- TSB
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 02:51:55 am »
Indeed :biggrin:
Sincerely-djil;f