Author Topic: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine) Updated 11/26/2015  (Read 23348 times)

Offline alan1502

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine) Updated
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 04:08:01 am »
Hi Duredure,

Actually, I've not met any case when the total mana of monsters > the knight's rune, so I don't know whether the game will crash or not. But I think it's better that we should not try that LOL (because it will cost us many time to change the monsters mana cost, after that if the game crashes, our efforts will be wasted).

It's okay if we want to delete all the initial monster, this can be done for both campaign mode and multi-player mode, but i'm sure that 9999 gold will not be enough for re-build a new army because I tried before (Some rune-knights will go to the battlefield with no monster under command) Haha.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:10:41 am by alan1502 »

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
Re: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine) Updated 11/16/2015
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 04:14:21 am »
Post updated and moved to first page.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:45:41 am by duredure »

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 09:33:01 pm »
Does anyone know how to trade sprites of monsters ? Example I want to change the merman line to a fairy line so I can have a 3rd tier fairy . Also how would I change the portrait on the profile screen .

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 11:07:23 am »
This was replied some posts ago, I guess the answer is this:

"I spent many hours in modifying the game and I discover that there is not only codes for the original single player, but the authors also included codes for scenarios in multi-player mode. If we can find the way to merge the data, we will have many available space for create new attack/special attack/spell/item/skill or even new type of monsters (I tried many times but failed and the game crashed)"

So seems impossible right now XD

I would love a lv 3ยบ class gryphon. For sure would be a Manticore.

Does anyone know how to trade sprites of monsters ? Example I want to change the merman line to a fairy line so I can have a 3rd tier fairy . Also how would I change the portrait on the profile screen .

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
Re: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine) Updated 11/26/2015
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 01:15:27 pm »
Hello alan
After I played until the end with leonia in hard mode using the alan patch(I finished without any problem), I started new almekia in normal mode without patch to test and note all possibles  balances. Now I'm playing with Iscalion in hard mode using the alan patch and found a bug with the phoenix.

Ex: The battle started and after somes turns an enemy phoenix came real close to my team  and in the next turn he used the healing special instead roc special. I didn't atack the phoenix and he was with full hp.
I plan to play with ur patch with norgard and caerleon after, but needs fix this problem.
I don't know how to changed it, I can only test it =\

alan if you have some time, can you please take out the roc special from the phoenix or change it?
Also if is possible give halo to fairies. Only this two things would be cool!

big Thanks!!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:21:06 pm by duredure »

Offline alan1502

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 05:13:54 am »
Hi Duredure,

Sorry for late reply,
The case you mentioned is related to AI intelligence (if you know what I mean). The AI intelligence in this game is very low (that's why this game is so easy, and that's why I tried to make this game more challenge), for example, if any of your monster comes near the enemy squad they will start to attack without any formation and will be destroyed easily, so I often use a Ghoul or scorpion as a bait. Another example: they clearly have chance to kill your knight in 1 turn, but if you have 3 or 4 character stand in front of the enemy dragon, it will use special attack (breath) instead of attack your knight.
What I'm trying to tell here is the enemy cannot distinguish specific skill or move, they were coded with simple codes.
The issue you told above is not a "bug", it is related to to the AI intelligence, sometime they may not use a new spell we add or use inappropriately (another example is I have ever seen the enemy Deathneedle use Fury spell).   

I'm kinda busy with my work now. So I'll find sometime later to make changes you suggested for Phoenix and Fairy.

Thanks,

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2015, 06:47:51 am »
The Ai is indeed poor for brigandine Ge, but it's better than forsena imho :biggrin:

Thanks Alan!

Offline eikishi

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 09:20:28 am »
Hello everyone

Maybe this kinda stupid or not irrevelant to this topic, but can someone make a guide about how to patch the new patch into the brigandine file with picture, or upload a brigandine game that already patched with the patches?
I just found this forum yesterday and im excited to play again the Brigandine GE with the mods after i read all topics about brigandine in this forum, and can someone teach or make a guide about modding the Brigandine game with picture step by step? Its hard for me to understand it without picture, and i always play the Brigandine GE at PSP so i don't really understand about how to using epsx, cheat engine, and other tool that you guys mention.
Thanks for reading this and thanks again if you grants my selfish request

n.b.: Brigandine is the best!! and im waiting the sabaton game.

Offline lubronbrons

• Bow Bearer
Re: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine)
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2016, 03:49:49 am »
God gracious !
many thanks HwitVlf
whit this tutorial (attached doc)
I may fulfill my needs about modify growth rate to maximum & Summon stat maxed out !
 :beerchug:
 :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:

As far as how, the difficulty depends on what mod you are trying to do.  The basic tool you'll need is a debugger like the one in pSX.  To use a debugger, you need to learn the basic MIPS CPU codes and it would help to have a general idea of how games use those codes to accomplish data processing.

Attached is a beginners tutorial I made for someone here a while back. It takes you through a fair amount of the basics.

For duredure's A, you need to find the routine that gives EXP for winning a battle. Right before the EXP is granted, inject an 'intercept' that runs extra code. The extra code would check the year, and adjust the extra EXP accordingly before jumping back to the regular game. The code needed for this would be quite simple.

B would be a bit more complex because you would have to be sure you weren't overwriting an existing creature, but the process is the same as A. Find a process that is only run for enemies, inject an intercept that jumps to extra code. I think creature slots are at fixed locations in RAM for each country so the extra code would just scan for a free slot and add a creature to that slot.

C requires finding a way to differentiate between player and COM controlled units. This is especially difficult because the "AUTO ACT" feature essentially turns player units into COM units. But if you did find a way to differentiate between the two, you'd just add an intercept in the EXP+ routine that doubled EXP value for COM units.

D is easy too. The mana earned by each castle is probably hard coded into the game. Just search for those values and double them. Alternatively, you might be able to inject a single extra op into the Mana+ routine that doubled the value before it was awarded (ie SLL by 2). 

E should be easy also, the values are hard coded into the game and you could probably find them by just searching.

F is hard because you have to juggle textures in VRAM as well as run add routines for displaying the 3d models and the models themselves. It can be done, but probably never will be because the end benefit versus the time it takes to implement make it not worth it. If you were going to spend that much effort, you would be better off making a new Brigandine installment or continent map.

As far as mods I'd like to see in Brigandine, mostly I would enjoy a mod that reworked creatures, abilities and items to where everything was specialized and useful. I've dumped even high level mermen for a level 1 dragon. Mermen just aren't useful. But if they gained a ranged attack or a healing spell, maybe they would be?