Author Topic: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine) Updated 11/26/2015  (Read 23389 times)

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
Re: Vault of ideas(Mods/hacks for Brigandine)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 04:22:14 am »
The cpu in hard mode always try kill the rune knights first. Also in hard mode the cpu only leave the castle when you'r next. About atacking the barricade before the rune knight I guess sometimes the cpu do that in hard mode.

Offline Chazchu

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 06:32:42 am »
My personal  ideas are two: have larger maps with more water, and other countries, like extra scenarios; and the second - have a map and kingdom editor to make a custom scenario with knights and kingdoms chosen by the creator. It could work really well if the game was ported to the PC, but I don't know if it would be done any time soon. But just imagine a cool editor or a random map generator.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 03:54:56 pm »
just imagine a cool editor or a random map generator.
I think that's a great idea. As seen in the attached false-color image, the maps appear to be drawn from a set of tiles that are always loaded into video ram. The image was taken directly from VRAM. There appear to be five sheets of tiles tiles (256x256 pixels each) that are laid out in nice numbered rows. There is probably a map-definition file that tells the game which tile to use where when building the map. Changing the maps may be as simple as changing the numbers in that file.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:56:40 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 09:49:24 pm »
I would like to see 1 more female class series added to break off the Cleric class . I think they could have kept the Mystic and Sage class like it was in LOF and use the new Sprite for maybe a Dancer and Gypsi maybe ?

Offline samisc

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 12:03:28 am »
i have been playing around with cheat engine changing some hex value to find some ways of modding the game to my liking. I dont know how to make a patch or anything to make the game start off with theses hacks, but i could turn them on as soon as I start a new game.

heres a few things i figured out what i could change.

*for each castle:
-Change mana Yield
-Summoned Monsters
 Note: dont think I could do anything useful here, but am also able to change owner of each castle. I already have the code for every castle.

*Rune Knights:

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c 0d 0e 0f
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 1a 1b 1c 1d 1e 1f

00 = Class #007
01 = level
02 + 03 = xp (2 bytes)
04 + 05 = hp (2 bytes)
06 + 07 = mp (2 bytes)
08 = STR
09 = INT
0A = AGI
0B = rune power growth + Rune Area
0C + 0D = rune power growth + Rune Power
0e -> 13 = Creatures under Command #008
14 = Fighter Class #002
15 = Mage Class #003
16 = Priest Class/ monk #004
17 = Ranger/ninja #005
18 = weapon
19 =item (FF=Nothing) #011
1A = Age
1B = rune sign / Month Birthday
1C = Team: 0=New Almekia; 1=Norgard; 2=Leonia; 3=Caerleon; 4= Iscalio; 5=Esgares
1D = Primary digit for town. Will always be equal to the town they are in. #009
1E = Portriat
1F = This months command. 0=wait; 1=move; 2=attack; 3=wounded; 4=quest;
20 = secondary town, where your attacks will be and such. #009
21 = days till quest is finished
22 = 0=not in game; 1=in game; 4=in quest 81 = leader??
23 = Sex #001
24 = Pointer (It's actually more like -03, I just put it here cause)
25 = Pointer (I'm lazy and don't want to modify this entire thing  ) maybe growth??
26 = range between 56 to 59
27 always 1

Note: I have to code for every rune knight in the game. Able to change the rune growth, but state growth belongs to class type not rune knight. also able to alter amount of starts gotten in each class or even master tier 3 class. could even make all knight start at level 1, but adjustments have to be made to states.
Can also change each knights country, even knight such as Aldis can be gotten by changing her code.
What I could do here is divide knights to each country to even gameplay.

Monster stats when summoned:
level
starting exp
base hp << all base stats are still a little random as usual but are within the base value
base mp
base str
base int
base agi
rune cost
mana cost
Note: Combining this with castle summoned monster can really make the game seem a bit more challenging

Monster stats:
mov
mov type  << Teleport is one of the move types, something I gave to vampire lord
def
atk 1 2 3
speacial 1 2
magic white black
magic black Red
magic red blue
magic green
skill
FF??
Element black white red
element blue green
add to HP
add to MP
00??
Stars/Tier
EXP required to level up 2 bytes << lower value means monster levels up with less exp needed between levels
*Note: here is where the real modding could happen, give tridant some good move, change his level up classes to have some magic and MP, give scorpions a buff in defence. phoenix can have roc claw and flame claw together, wayverns can have an evade 5% skill or golems get a 10% hit skill.

I havent found all codes for every monster yet, just played around with dragon stats, but I also have to change red dragon and other tier classes if I want to keep magic or skill after levling up.

Things I still need to find are:
knight class stats, so I can edit move and skills obtained.
attack, special and magic stats - to change dmg ,range, element and mp cost
skill stats - Change or increase values
Exp obtained after winning battles
Any Idea or help for anything extra

some other stuff I found:
-Change year and month: changing it or an earlier year than the game starts makes the IA not attack other castles but still sends its knights to quests.
-Change years: before game over, hard mode gives 6 years which shows as a value of 144 i think, which is half months. changing it to FF which is 255 makes the counter stop.
-change Item and equipment in each country and castle number

Offline dodoitu156

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 12:04:51 pm »
My Mod idea is Weather System.
When it rains, Merman can act like on the water.
Dragon's Breath and Magic Flame get weaker and so on.

I like Iscalio ,and I want to play more hard mode.
But I have no knowledge about hack. So I use BNE2(Mod Soft) for Brigandine.

This is Brigandine IPS patch for Iscalio Very HardMode.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:28:22 pm by dodoitu156 »

Offline Tetre

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 12:47:26 pm »
I was thinking of the following suggestions; But this will require tremendous amount of work.

1. Allow all countries to summon knights all of the knights (including the same knight of the enemy, including ruler, quests knights, etc limit into) but the stronger the knight the higher the price of mana.  have game options like 1 knight per character, or limitless number of character clones, or 1 copy of ruler only, or limitless copy of ruler, etc. all starts at level 1. or you can choose to increase his/her level with additional mana price. The knight can die if it lost the battle 3 times, but you can revive it in the capital with cost of mana.

2. Create global balance of mana income per castle.

3. That means mana limit must be increased from 9999 into something like 999999999.

4. Change the continents pathways into 3 boarders per country, Leonia will have 3 boarders (1 at the top, 1 at the bottom with Iscalio and 1 with Esgares, Carleon will have additional 1 boarder with Iscalio and 1 with Esgares. Increase the center area with more castle. Which means a total revamp on castles. make the entire continent larger, or create another 3 continents. And the central-area must have a river that will have only 3 bridges that way, the Esgares will be able to pull out from those frontiers and go back to defending 3 castles only, balance.

5. Allow constructions of building per castle, such as:
              Dragon Trainer Nest = (with building time 6 months or 1 year) allows training of salamanders, fafnir, bahamut.  with a cost of mana. Building will also cost mana.
              Houses = building time 1-2 months, increases mana income of that castle. the more houses the better
              Masonry= building time 6 months, allows you to create weapons.
              Wizard's Guild= allows you to create rings and other wizardry items.
              Farms= decreases monsters upkeep. (factor still to be calculated)
              Knight's Training Grounds = knights staying at this castle will gain xp even without fighting. (factor still to be calculated)
             Angel's Haven= (building time 1 year above) allows training of Seraps. this building will also require mana upkeep.
            Portal of Inferno= (1 year building time) allows training of Satans with a cost of high mana. this will also require mana upkeep.
             Giant's Caverns = allows training of thors and lokis.
             Moonlight's well= allows revival of dead monsters. but with time frame such as 2 months or so depending on how much level the monster have.
              *buildings may also be destroyed, in case of an enemy army capturing it.
             * some buildings can only be built in the capital. And if the capital was conquered a keep can then be upgraded into capital, and it can also be degraded back into keep, 1 country must have only 1 capital. and in case of being captured by the enemy, buildings that only a capital can have shall automatically be destroyed and it becomes a keep automatically.
             (imagine more buildings that you can think of :) )

6. Castle can also be up gradable into Keep, with higher building capacity. Castle can only build upto 5-10 buildings, while Keep can build upto 10 buildings or so. (factors can vary)

7. Allow knights to be controlled like monsters and be placed under someone's runepower. that would be awesome :) (runepower factor yet to be calculated)

8. Increase level limit into 50 or so. that would mean some knights will have multiple powers, imagine a ninja master having meteor doom and holy word.

9. Increase level limit of monsters also. Add more classes.

10. (optional) I don't know if this sounds good. ** units can move only upto 2-3 castles per turn, that means the farther the battle from the capital the longer the time to reach. flying units will have faster movement. also adding items making the knights fly will be awesome.

11. all countries starts with no monsters, no rulers, no knights, but with same mana income, and same amount of castles, except maybe the one in the center will have more castle and more mana income.

12. Now, imagine a multiplayer game online.

----------------------------------------------for AI balancing-------------

1. CPU set up, the computer in hard option always end its turn at the first turn, so if you have a ninja master and 1 pixie to react it, it can reach them and kill the knight and still they do not move.
how to change that?

2. allow auto construction, training, and moving of a certain country in all aspects, so that all you have to do is to press the end turn, that way you will no longer keep pressing the auto each turn.

3. and the suggestion above was also cool, to create a map editor.

4. AI balancing: include new game level = ultra hard= all HP of the computer units will be double, or maybe tripled as time increases and their upkeep will be lowered. if the computer have 1 castle left, it shall automatically spawn strong monsters and knights. if half of the map was conquered by the player, all countries will unite against that country.

5. I'm so happy to find a community that loves brigandine more than I do. And i love this forum. :)

Offline alan1502

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 10:47:42 pm »
Hi there,

I'm newbie to this forum.I'm Brigandine maniac for a long time since i was a child,now i still love it.
I registered few days ago for downloading english patch and try to mod the game.
Thanks to Samisc,he help me a lot.I finished my first patch for Brigandine,now I need you guys opinion for improving.Here are the changes i made:
1/ Rune knight changes:
_All country leaders slightly improve stat (rune power,STR,INT,AGI)
_Add geno-flame for Zemeckis,now he has 2 red and 1 green orb.Add artemis 1st attack as his 3rd attack. Add critical +10% as his 2nd skill. (Now he is a true monster in the battle field as he should be LOL).
_Add geno-flame&geno-frost for Lyoness and change her element into 1 white-1 red-1 blue (remove 1 green)
_Most of rune knights improve their stats so they can have more monsters. Especially for Leonia.
_Cardinal now have geno-frost, Saint have geno-flame.
_Monk and Guardian now have brave knuckle (i don't remember exactly the name but it's grappler first attack) as their main attack,they still maintain drop kick and sonic wave as their 2nd and 3rd attack. Now you can place him into your front line without worrying that the enemy will take advantage of his kick and kill him easily.
_Lancer and Valkyrie have frost spell.
_Avenger now have 2 black element (Paladin 2 white)
_Scout,archer,artemis have accuracy +5%
_Change some knight's rune growth rate. Now kiloph,Rain and Rod have highest rune growth rate. While Zemeckis have largest rune area (6 hex).

2/Monster changes:
_Now all the countries can summon tier 2 monster at their castles:
Norgard has Efreeti, White dragon and Man-eater.
New Almekia has Dao, Red dragon and Nightmare.
Carleon has Marid, Couatl.
Iscalio has Glitch, Fennire, Vampire and Arch Demon.
Leonia has Fairy, Pegasus, Djinni, Holygriff and Arch angel.
Empire has Titan, Fairy.
Remove Tiamat from Zemeckis squad.

_Some tier 1 monster are improved their stats (because now you can summon tier 2 monster very early,so tier 1 monster need to improve or else they're useless)
_Unicorn,nightmare,pegasus improve HP.Nightmare has base STR and AGI higher than Pegasus,while Pegasus has higher INT and MP. Nightmare now can cast venom spell and has 1st attack of unicorn while its 2nd attack is kick.
_Gryphon and Holygriff have their HP,STR,AGI improve.Now they have MP,Holygriff now can cast special attack of Jinn.Holygriff rune cost increase to 90.
_Phoenis now inherit Rock attack and special attack.Phoenix cost increase to 100.
_Vampire Lord movement type change to teleport, has STR,AGI improve and can cast cure spell.
_Merman,Triton and Posiedon have DEF,STR,AGI improve.Triton and Posiedon can cast frost spell (I read some idea that want to change they attack from 1 hex to 2 hex,but i think it's not necessary).
_Wyvern,Couatl and Bahamut have HP,STR improve (in order to match with Fafnir and Salamander), Bahamut now has critical +10%
_High centaur has accuracy +5%.Has STR,AGI improve.And its element change to 3 green (as well as its attack).Rune cost is slightly increased.
_Mandrake and Man-eater has STR,AGI improve a lot.Rune cost increase.
_Gigas can cast fury spell,Titan can cast thunder.
_Now the most interesting, i see many ideas said that scorpion is too weak and not worth to play,i agree with that so i decided to give them a chance to shine: G-scorpion has HP,STR slightly improve. Death needle has DEF,HP,STR,AGI improve a lot,now it has MP an can cast fury,i add magic resit +10% for it also. Deathneedle rune cost and attack power also increase. (Deathneedle is the creature has a lot of buff in my patch).Now it is like a bronze golem with lower health,higher accuracy,can increase its own attack and can poison its enemies. I tested,the new Deathneedle can stand against Red+White dragon/Titan+Gigas/Phoenixw/o any problem if they have same level,it even can stand against low level hydra. Cool enough?
_Hydra and Tiamat DEF,STR,AGI slightly improve in order can 1vs1 with Salamander,Fafnir and Bahamut. Tiamat element change to 3 blue orb (as well as its breath).Now Tiamat have Rock's cry special attack (this special attack has 80 power) and accuracy +5%.Their rune cost is also increased.
_White dragon's element change to 2 white,fafnir's element change to 3 white.
_Clay golem has HP,STR,AGI improve.Now it's not as bad as it was LOL

3/ Adding some quest knight to countries:
_Belgar, Sheridan, Layoneil, Rain, Carmine and Rod join the Empire.
_Clarence join Leonia.

4/ All the castle now yield double mana.

Well,that's all.Maybe you guys think that i buff the Empire so many,but I think they're worth it.According to the story line,they're the strongest country in Forsena. But when the game start,they have so many disadvantage: their location,their knight (they have a little useful knight,the rest are completely thrash) and they're always the first one who is destroyed by the AI if you let them fight with each other. So I give them some useful knight, buff their emperor, their knight. So they can be back as their real position-the strongest in forsena.

Now I try to mod the battle field, such as add water (for mermaid and hydra to swim like  pets) and mountain/swam, as well as giving knight & monster who defend the castle receive experience for each turn (100-200 for example) and increase thevictory experience receive... But it's so difficult and I don't know where to start. Need some one to guide me or if anyone who have related documents can you please share with me?

If you guys have any idea to improve the patch please let me know,I'll include you opinions in the patch and share it when finished.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:35:41 am by alan1502 »

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 06:17:14 am »

Hello Alan

Glad to see this ideas for our beloved brigandine.
I really like all but one little thing could change I guess

"Scout,archer,artemis have accuracy +5%"

What about:
Scout     0% or 5%
Archer   10%
Artemis  15%

And your patch  any news? I hope play brigandine with it!

Thanks

Offline alan1502

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 05:47:54 am »
Hi Duredure,

The "accuracy +5%" is applied for scout/archer/artemis because it is the maximum ratio for accuracy,it couldn't be larger.
Currently, I'm still working on how editing the battle map, but it seems to be very difficult. Still looking for any pro-hacker to give recommendations.

If you want to try my patch,I'll upload it after I go back to my home.

Thanks.