Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 383101 times)

Offline lubronbrons

• Bow Bearer
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2017, 09:23:57 am »
I meant the patched mentioned and uploaded by samisc and not the original patch on the 1st page. samisc tweaked the gameplay a little so I would like to try it out.

ah... I'm sorry I can't help you in that
maybe googling may help or ask the right people
not long ago user Tony0075 is still active and made several new thread
he is one of many users that may interested in samisc patch (I read the old post in this thread)
I suggest you try contacting him in here for example ---> http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=974.0
you may not send him any PM because there is user said that Tony0075 PM inbox is full

Offline Dinar Yunus

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2017, 03:03:32 pm »
Ah, it has been a long time since my last post in this forum

By the way, what the hell is this? Can someone tell me how to fix this please?  :sadani:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:08:36 pm by Dinar Yunus »

Offline Jaak3L

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2017, 10:05:12 am »
need more information to help. It looks like a corrupt file or an issue with graphics(obviously).

1. Reset the game

2. Reinstall emulator

3. Use a different game version

Post back if you've done this or none of these things work.

Offline serdtje

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »
I want to share this code that I found while playing around with comparative search method, in case somebody need it :

1. I believe the code to make Always Year 215 is not working properly (I tested it out by myself). especially this code
300A68E8 00D7 ---> this code is not working properly it is just visual but not actual year 215
301C7598 00D7 ---> this code is not working properly it is just visual but not actual year 215
so I have better workaround for this.
First you must choose new game in Squire difficulty mode, so you can get infinite time merit
then use this code one time only
Modify current gameplay diff to King
300A63D8 0002
this short code modify your current gameplay difficulty into KING. With this trick you can have infinite time and KING difficulty gameplay  :smile: enjoy !

i have try this code, i start new almekia with squire level, YES it does changes level to king, BUT unfortunately the time is still running, when i reach 221 (in disc 2)  the game is over .

please anyone who have cheat codes for infinite time with king level share in this thread
i dont wanna play infinite time in squire, since the AI enemy is  so low

Offline Dinar Yunus

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2017, 01:42:33 am »
For my problem about game crash, it's because I'm still use a save state and when I loaded it on battle, the game will like a picture above

Wait until battle is over then saving it via memory card, reset the game, and load it again will fix this problem

Thanks everyone

Offline lubronbrons

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2017, 10:33:14 am »
i have try this code, i start new almekia with squire level, YES it does changes level to king, BUT unfortunately the time is still running, when i reach 221 (in disc 2)  the game is over .

please anyone who have cheat codes for infinite time with king level share in this thread
i dont wanna play infinite time in squire, since the AI enemy is  so low

ahh ... I see
I never test that code until disc 2
thanks for reporting back here to let us know, serdtje
right now am not playing BGE that much ... so I can't help much, sorry
but
maybe I can give some ideas for workaround like : try modify month to never reach 12, so every time month reach 11 reset it to 1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:36:18 am by lubronbrons »

Offline Malkoth

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2017, 09:19:34 am »
First of all, let me thank you for amazing Grand Battle mode. My bro and i have relived our childhood's favourite game because of it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3

I was wondering, and probably no one will answer, but does anyone maybe have a code/mod that adds lvl1 upgraded monsters to Legends of Forsena version, simmiliar how it does in Grand Battle patch? Just you know, every turn or so, add lvl 1 salamander/tiamath/seraph etc to enemy countries.

Thanks in advance and THANK YOU for great mod! :D

Offline Nthanhdat

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2017, 01:08:09 pm »
Hey I want to say thanks for all the hard work and putting up the codes guys!
I've gotten into modding this beautiful game as well.

Better Random Generator Number /RNG (by lubronbrons)
C209DC9C 0001
800A67FC 0000
note : we all know that Brigandine have semi-persistent random generator number,
with this code you'll get better gameplay for sure.
Now the random generator number become totally unpredictable unlike before

I would love to fix the random number generator as well.  Can you explain to me how you changed it? Like did you change variance of something or did you just make the percentages displayed more accurate? Will the predictions give accurate percentages now?
Thanks a a lot again!

@Jaak3L
first of all, I'm just a mere newcomer in this forum that want to contribute. also I am not native english,
So please pardon me if I can't give you an adequate answers

I managed to find RNG address by pure luck when I did debugging & crawling for maximum stats potential for every level up,
this is several tips that I can give to you regarding it :

- there is SO MANY function in brigandine system that call function jal 0x0001fd94 (this 1fd94 is function to generate one random number for brigandine system to use)
you would love to fix the RNG right ??
I believe this is your answer. If you familiar with assembly code, you can change its algorithm by yourself
at first I don't know assembly coding at all
if you don't know assembly too. I suggest you use tutorial from HwitVlf in this link and learn how to do it ---> http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=875.0;attach=2616
after I follow and learn HwitVlf tutorial,
now I can write new function from scratch. the code about 'Always get best potential STR++ INT++ AGI++ when Lv up'
is the prove of that  :smile: because I know a thing or two about programming, I wrote the STR INT AGI calculation function from scratch with simple conditioning. so we can always get best STR INT AGI every level up (including enemies)

- how did I change the RNG with that code? the method is pretty blunt
I used comparative search method to find any numbers that always change
numbers that always change means = set of numbers that never same value each frame
I know that RNG in address 800A67FC will only changed when function jal 0x0001fd94 is called and I don't like that
so my solution is very crude,
by force address A67FC (RNG address) with address 9DC9C (contain number that always change every frame)
this is my answer for your question. Neither I use any complicated method to determine percentage calculation nor make some function to make accurate percentages
simply I just make brigandine RNG totally random ... since brigandine is relying address A67FC so much.
by default address A67FC is just static 1 byte number that only changed, when function jal 0x0001fd94 is called by system

- C209DC9C 0001 ---> let's study this line of code
the format is like this
C2XXXXXX YYYY
80ZZZZZZ 0000
Copy's YYYY bytes from location XXXXXX to location ZZZZZZ.
in our case...
copy 1 byte from location 9DC9C to location A67FC
that's it !
that's how I fix the brigandine RNG for better good  :biggrin:
Can u get better RNG code of game Tearing Saga?
Thx.

Offline lubronbrons

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2017, 10:24:31 am »
Can u get better RNG code of game Tearing Saga?
Thx.

Hi Nthanhdat !
I am afraid I can't help much, never played Tearing Saga myself
but I did play Fire Emblem till ending on GBA and NDS
FYI. I recalled Fire Emblem on GBA NDS have exploit for RNG
here's the link for that -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh8VSmCVQOw
I used that trick to always get stats level up that I want
maybe you can try that

Offline Nthanhdat

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2017, 12:37:23 pm »
Hi Nthanhdat !
I am afraid I can't help much, never played Tearing Saga myself
but I did play Fire Emblem till ending on GBA and NDS
FYI. I recalled Fire Emblem on GBA NDS have exploit for RNG
here's the link for that -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh8VSmCVQOw
I used that trick to always get stats level up that I want
maybe you can try that
It does not work on PS1.
Can u do a tutorial on how to get address RNG & frame of Bge?