Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 385327 times)

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2015, 04:31:26 pm »
I have been obsessing over the Grand Battle Patch the past few days and having a blast.  I really do enjoy the added difficulty, so thank you.

I would echo mostly what quick brown fox has said.  It can get a little crazy.  Rune Area specifically seems frustrating that every other knight gets to 7.  Their flying units have the liberty to go nuts with that range.  AGI boosts are tough too, and its really making me focus on magic.  Giving them the extra rune power is great, and working exactly as intended and brings more monsters to the slaughter.  Picking up a roided out knight via conquest does feel cheesey though, as I just got Charlene from Leonia at level 13 with 300+ rune power and 132 AGI, which instantly makes her one of my best units.

Also, has quests producing gear been modded?  I recall in GE by the point I am at now most knights being suited in solid gear, and in this run I have some still unequipped.  I quest heavily and have every single extra knight possible (I will link an AWESOME guide for this in case anyone wants.)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/577660-brigandine-grand-edition/faqs/59007

The level 1 Salamanders are great.  The freebie units that can cast meteor doom at level 1, not so much.  If thats the trade off for having added difficulty, I'll take it. 

Side question.  Does anyone know how to create a Monk?  I thought one could cross class Ranger / Priest and get Monk path.  Are they available ONLY as a Priest hitting level 10?  The reason I ask is cross classing an Expert Ranger with ANYTHING is incredible as it perma- gives you hit&away.  I would love to get a monk with physical stats with hit&away and just go to town pushing all sorts of stuff into an oncoming breath attack.

Offline quick brown fox

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2015, 08:25:40 pm »
Side question.  Does anyone know how to create a Monk?  I thought one could cross class Ranger / Priest and get Monk path.  Are they available ONLY as a Priest hitting level 10?  The reason I ask is cross classing an Expert Ranger with ANYTHING is incredible as it perma- gives you hit&away.  I would love to get a monk with physical stats with hit&away and just go to town pushing all sorts of stuff into an oncoming breath attack.
Late into my previous run I have also planned on making a Champion/Guardian hybrid, but the hard part was finding a low level priest who can also cross class to a ranger (or vice versa). The only rune knight I found capable of this was Georg (at level 8), but he has poor RP growth and thus discouraging to use.

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2015, 10:26:36 am »
Hey QBF, does it have to be a priest first?  Are there some kind of stat requirements for becoming a ranger or a priest, and if so what are they?  So far, neither Hyude or Sheridan were able to become priests and therefore monks, which is a major disappointment.  You can recruit Rod and he is ok, but the stats for existing monks, and their stat growths leave a lot to be desired.  A monk with a ranger/grappler/champion path with their growth rates would be a real sight.  For what it's worth, Rod has gotten +3STR on his last 3 levels, but hes still only in the 70s and his HP is sub 600.

At this point I am looking cross class any melee class I can with 5 levels of ranger.  I dont recall Hit&Away ever sticking once ranger is mastered in LOF, but I have used this to tremendous success with Ector as a Samurai in my latest playthrough. It makes leveling them through those early levels a breeze while mitigating risk, and when they are able to hold a front line it introduces the ability to deliver a strong blow and then bail out, and let another unit in.  I think that skill plus a monks knock back (even when it doesnt knock the enemy back a hex, it still gets no counter attack) could be a game changer.  Might have to give Georg a go!

Offline Chazchu

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:07 pm »
For any Magic-oriented class (male) your rune knight needs to have at least 60 INT. to become a Mage or Priest. If you want to make him a melee-class, you need him to have 60 STR. For female it's 55 STR and 55 or 60 INT. I have done many cross-classes with guardian and other classes it works great. I always cross class because it gives me more options and choice. Also don't neglect "weak-looking" knights like Georg or Galonwand who have low RP and growth. I have had Langueborg with almost 200 RP at his starting level and with 60 INT (he starts at 49). If you want you can make them strong :D

Offline quick brown fox

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:33 pm »
Thanks Chazchu. I knew there was a stat requirement but I forgot the numbers. Amusingly, I found that sometimes there's a Level10 requirement to cross-class (Dogal needs to be LV10 to become a ranger). Must've cost you tons of quests and potions to push Langueborg's RP to 200.

Offline Chazchu

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2015, 06:28:59 am »
I managed to luck it out and have him at 200 RP in 216, the last months. As for Dogal, you really will need to get him some AGI if you want him to become a Ranger earlier. I have managed to make him a Mage once, but he wasn't really effective. BTW in LoF it was really useful to make a cross-class between a warrior class and a mage class, especially for the Power spell, but in GE it is really nerfed and people play mostly for Meteor Doom and Avenger/Champions :D
PS: I love doing unconvetional things like making a Champion/Guardian (with Guardian at the end), or Samurai/Cardinal, because it's fun and creates new opportunities. Plus I usually prefer Samurai and Paladins to Avengers. Because I play in the Multiplayer mod, to have infinite time to play, I rarely use the ninjas because Shiraha isn't good in terms of RP by the time I get him, and Kazan is also the same, while I already have strong knights or other project knights to make. Also the two countries I usually don't play are Norgard (too many Berserkers), and Iscalio - can't stand the clown-theme they have, only the Mad Monarch is cool I guess.

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »
My favorite cross class was maxing out a female on Archer path but getting the 5 early levels of sorceress and having geno frost.  by the time they are able to shoot 4 tiles as Artemis, and have a geno, so many options on the battlefield.  I almost always pair them with a fairy to get react so I can do a combination of the two. 

Lately i have been thinking about doing this with Peryner.  She starts at level 1, with 91 INT.  Thats pretty insane, and as an archer no less.  Ive actually been considering having her go Lancer path, and maybe 10 levels down the magic path (go with Mystic) to pick up Geno Thunder.  I wonder if she would be too squishy in the front row though.  But a front liner with Geno Thunder, and solid INT to back it up, would be pretty devastating.  Its a shame shes a late game pick up too, contingent on 2 other quest recruits.

Iscalio is my favorite country hands down, because of Dryst and bc of their music.  I havent heard their music in GE yet.  Some of the GE songs are nice, some are wildly off key.  Caerleon's battle theme starts off like a Russian jig in 3/4...  Yeah that doesnt fit...

Offline Tsak Boolh ak

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »
Sorry for the short and bit out of discussion post but THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GREAT WORK ON TRANSLATING THIS GREAT GAME FOR US POOR NON JAPANESE SPEAKERS ;) !!!! Infinite thanks for all who participated in it!!!!!!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 03:16:06 am »
Mirsa, you would put a peace loving elf on the front lines!? Such a brute!  :biggrin:

Tsak, you're certainly welcome. I hope it lives up to your expectations. :smile:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:18:21 am by HwitVlf »

Offline Tsak Boolh ak

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2015, 04:46:53 am »
well it's far BEYOND my expectations!!! i've just started a game with this annoying blond child of New Almekia, i did two castles attacks on the second day, one where i played to win it with minimal casualties (had zero) and time, and the other where i just wanted to inflict the maximal dmg (killing all beast before killing heroes) and well the second battle were a slaughter for both sides, i killed all ennemy's beasts without exeption and one heroes out of 3 but i also wounded a hero of mine, lost all my beasts exept Lance's Salamander and  one centaur saved by the loss of my heroe (he could escape); definitivly a Pyrrhus' Victory, i guess it's better to play safe and wounding quickly the heroes...
Well once againi wish all the best things to all the guyz and girlz who helped translating this wonderful version of this wonderful game!!!