Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 383185 times)

Offline Rovole

• Bow Bearer
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2015, 05:27:35 pm »
Question,

Just getting around to playing this now for the first time.  Which patch should I apply to it for the increased difficulty mod you were experimenting with?  Is that "Grand Battle" and can I apply that after having already applied the first patch?  Just want to make sure I am playing the correct version I intend to play, so I can offer some feedback appropriately.

Thanks!

"Grand Battle" is the extra difficulty patch so no, thats the one you want to avoid for now. The patch you want is labeled v7 , the full filename being "BGE D1 & D2 Translation v7.zip." The "Grand Battle" patch can be applied to either clean or patched images.

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2015, 08:59:15 pm »
I noticed that text is off on Millet's description once you get her again after Esgares is defeated . I am using Norgard.

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2015, 10:09:16 am »

"Grand Battle" is the extra difficulty patch so no, thats the one you want to avoid for now. The patch you want is labeled v7 , the full filename being "BGE D1 & D2 Translation v7.zip." The "Grand Battle" patch can be applied to either clean or patched images.

Actually I was looking to play Grand Battle for some added difficulty, and was hoping to offer insightful feedback and some potential tweaks.  Does it still need a lot of balancing that you recommend I avoid it, or did you just misinterpret my question?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:53:01 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2015, 02:08:29 pm »
Thanks Tony! Fixed it.

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2015, 11:04:23 pm »
Your welcome and thank u for the chance to play this great game !!!

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2015, 04:35:29 am »
I'm playing with iscalio at hard dificult and with grand battle patch. It's so hard that I managed recruit Adis for the first time in brigandine(because you need to meet her in a quest and she join when you have only  2 castles). I never got trapped with less than 3 castles in brigandine. So this patch  made brigandine a brand new game. Is fun watching salamanders lv 2, fafnir lv 4 in weak rune knights kicking my ass. The cpu is battling all the time against each other even leonia that is passive is kicking Norgard butt all the time. I love you patch HwitVlf.

Just some questions about the grand patch:

1- The hit% of status change and critical hit is less  for me and more to the cpu?

2- the exp earned after killing a monster is double to cpu and normal to me?

Offline Rovole

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2015, 04:59:41 am »
Just some questions about the grand patch:

1- The hit% of status change and critical hit is less  for me and more to the cpu?

2- the exp earned after killing a monster is double to cpu and normal to me?

I'm curious about that as well. One or both of those things might be attributed to either the Grand Battle patch or the Hard difficulty. Its almost customary for games to give extra RNG weight to the computer on higher difficulties, as a way to compensate for weak AI.

Offline Harablo

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2015, 01:06:39 pm »
I am really loving this patch and cant wait to play it fully dubbed as well.

One question for you guys, does anyone know how attacking works when two people attack the same place or two people attack each other. I am currently playing with a group of friends and we cannot seem to find out the mechanics on whose attack goes through. The one thing found online was that the total of your rune knights lvls attacking determines this but we have found this to be untrue as I have beat out attacks by just sending a lvl 1 RK and it also has been beaten by getting attacked by the same 3 high lvl RK's the next turn.

Thanks for the patch and all the hard work put into this, it is a great product.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:10:53 pm by Harablo »

Offline Valentari

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2015, 02:17:39 am »
Good news for those awaiting the Dubbed version. All roles have been cast, and all audio has been recorded except Lance.  I should have those Lance files to Hwit by either tonight or end of the day Wednesday!  Then it's all in his hands :-)

Offline Rovole

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2015, 02:36:01 am »
Good news for those awaiting the Dubbed version. All roles have been cast, and all audio has been recorded except Lance.  I should have those Lance files to Hwit by either tonight or end of the day Wednesday!  Then it's all in his hands :-)

Damn good news, a thank you from me to all the generous souls that contributed their talents to making the dubbing project such a damn good success story.