Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 383193 times)

Offline Chazchu

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2015, 02:09:44 pm »
What I miss the most from the LoF was the music, soo much better than GE, but from what I understand it's not the same format and it will be hard to switch it.

Offline Erovoros

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2015, 08:35:48 pm »
Just looked through all recollection events.
So after Meltorefas accepted Bulnoil's proposal to see Eniede once again and leaves Esgares together with him, Bulnoil probably turned him into a death knight like he did it with Cador before. Does it mean that those two knights defending Bulnoil in the last battle are Meltorefas and Eniede? They look fitting enough for these roles, as one of them uses bow.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 12:48:33 am »
duredure, both those things are possible. It's just a matter of finding someone willing to take the time. Adding the 3d scenes to GE could probably be done by grafting the LoF models and routines into GE.

Erovoros, that is correct. If you're playing the Esgares story, Bulnoil explains the details to Zemekis, and also they have a different description explaining who they are.

Zemeckis:
Where is Cador?

Bulnoil:
A tool that outlived its usefulness is discarded. I can always make more Death Warriors, all I need is a cold slab of knight meat. Olwen! Gaheris! Do you recognize your knights Zemeckis? Heh heh, MelTorefas and Eniede was it? If you had been obedient,you could have spared them this fate.  Yes,your sins are many Zemeckis and the people around you suffer for them.

Gaheris
MelTorefas found his desire, unmatched power and
standing at Eniede's side. But there is no joy in his
hollow eyes as he deals slaughter at Bulnoil's whim.

Olwen
Eniede's eyes are vacant under this mask. There is no
more love for father or burning vengeance, just the
cold drive to deal slaughter at Bulnoil's whim.

Offline vindo

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 06:48:24 am »
HwitVlf!
God! it's beautiful! thank you so much for this patch!

Offline quick brown fox

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2015, 10:09:32 am »
Let me have a guess on how the difficulty patch works:

Basically, each enemy AI obtains tons of items (i.e those life/STR/INT/etc potions, as well as monster class change items) and it depends on the AI on how it distributes the potions to its units. The more further into the game, the more items the AI obtains.

I'm on year 217 and I'm seeing crazy amounts of changes in the enemy commanders and monsters alike; almost all enemy Rune Knights have 6-7 Rune Area, with almost all magic-type rune knights having +500 HP and +400 MP even at low levels; my enemy Millet had 350 RP, 6 RA, and enough mana to cast Geno-frost three times even with her low level. Zemeckis hits like a truck, and for some reason the AI keeps pumping up Meleagant's AGI to the extent that my Lv20 fighters can barely hit him.

It looks and feels unnatural, but the added difficulty has grown on me. I'm beginning to like this.

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2015, 10:56:47 am »
Wtf

Yesterday an enemy killed my rune knight and my monster(salamander lv 27) was lost in the field. So  I managed to win the battle and kept my city and wtf I lost my salamander forever!My beloved monsters wasn''t in reserve space in the city or even with the enemy.

I guess that in forsena when this things happen the lost monsters could be found in reserve monster space in the city(that you defended or conquest).

or is because i'm playing in hard mode?

Offline mubazirano

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2015, 08:34:09 pm »
Thankyou very much for your hardwork

Offline Rovole

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2015, 07:22:22 am »
Wtf

Yesterday an enemy killed my rune knight and my monster(salamander lv 27) was lost in the field. So  I managed to win the battle and kept my city and wtf I lost my salamander forever!My beloved monsters wasn''t in reserve space in the city or even with the enemy.

I guess that in forsena when this things happen the lost monsters could be found in reserve monster space in the city(that you defended or conquest).

or is because i'm playing in hard mode?

Were you at the monster cap? The fact that this is a 27th level salamander suggests you've been playing for awhile, and outfitting each knight with their own set of monsters tends to push up to the monster cap. If you did, were there other monsters in the reserve? Did you capture any other cities that same turn that might have had monsters in reserve? Did anyone finish a quest and return with a monster? Monster cap is the only reason why your salamander wouldn't appear in the captured cities' reserve... I can't think of any other situation in which a captured monster, allied or enemy, wouldn't show up in reserve.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:01:10 am by Rovole »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2015, 02:46:06 pm »
vindo and mubazirano (fun pictures!), your both certainly welcome.  :beerchug:
quick brown fox, I didn't want to totally break multi-player so it doesn't actually give enemies tons of items, but it does make use of the existing use-item routines and runs them once per enemy nation at the end of each organization phase.  It seems to work out nicely because they seem to focus on boosting the permanent knights so players aren't as likely to get uber-knights joining them when a nation is defeated. Similar with Mana, it doesn't actually give enemies tons of mana, but gives them a partial 'refund' every time they summon a creature so they can do more with what they have.

duredure, what Rovole said is the only thing I can think that might have happened. I believe the exact same thing happened to me recently and the "left behind" creatures were stored in the castle inventory where the battle took place.

Offline Mirsa

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2015, 04:46:31 pm »
Question,

Just getting around to playing this now for the first time.  Which patch should I apply to it for the increased difficulty mod you were experimenting with?  Is that "Grand Battle" and can I apply that after having already applied the first patch?  Just want to make sure I am playing the correct version I intend to play, so I can offer some feedback appropriately.

Thanks!