Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 385268 times)

Offline GrimmSpector

• Dagger Carrier
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2018, 12:28:43 am »
Hey, really hoping someone can help me. I got clean bins converted from ecms, I think it was of emuparadise. I've tried several times to use the v8 english text patch, I don't care about the movies in the slightest. The movie patch works, but the text patch doesn't work, whether i do it to the clean roms, or to ones already patched with the movies. All it does is break the ROM so it won't load. I'm at a loss for what to do, help would be super appreciated.

I'm using mednafen, via retroarch. eSPXe doesn't work on my system for some reason, no matter what BIOS or what plugins I use it can't get past the BIOS load on any ROM, or even just on a BIOS without a ROM. So it's not an option.

Thanks in advance, I really want to try GE, though I am a bit disappointed it gets rid of the 3D battle sequences.

Offline wad11656

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2018, 06:31:24 am »
@GrimmSpector

I also couldn't get the ISO's to work with ePSXe, PCSX, or Beetle/mednafen.

I finally had to use an emulator called pSX (for which I first had to update Microsoft DirectX to get to work), which seemed to run the games fine, apart from the "Defense" and "Attack" tutorials.

I hope this proves useful for you, because I spent 6+ hours today (1 hour of which was finding out how to register for this goddamned forum, for which I actually had to call upon Reddit for assistance) just to figure that out. I'm actually going to play this on my PSP.

P.S. I couldn't get ePSXe or PCSX to even boot the BIOS file at all, let alone a game, either! [Retroarch played other PS1 games fine.] There's no way we're the only ones! I wonder what's up with that?? Bad plugin configurations, I'm guessing. Those programs are messy AF..

P.P.S. For those Googling, this YouTube Brigandine GE English patch tutorial video has helpful content and helpful downloads in the description.

EDIT: Whelp. The same files that worked in pSX didn't work in PSP. Trying to deal with these patches isn't worth it, at least for me (first-time player). I'll just play the original. But I hope the dev team for these patches figures out how to make a universally compatible 100% English patch (all 3 English patches applied).

EDIT2: To get it working in PSP, I used Compression Level: 9 in PSX2PSP
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:19:13 pm by wad11656 »

Offline blackcatz

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2018, 03:03:43 pm »
need more information to help. It looks like a corrupt file or an issue with graphics(obviously).

1. Reset the game

2. Reinstall emulator

3. Use a different game version

Post back if you've done this or none of these things work.

hello guys sorry im noob and new member, i register because i see articles about Brigandine, i love this game .. can we fix issue this graphics .. to change the image in a game? thanks for answer ..

Offline owens

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2018, 12:30:24 pm »
Does anyone have a link to the fully patched (Voices or Subtitles + Menus) ISO file? I found the EBOOT.pbp in the members downloads section but EBOOT.pbp is not supported by PPSSPP emulator or OpenEmu on the Mac which is the best emulator.

I've got the working ISO version with translated menus but not with subtitles OR voices for the movie scenes.

I've tried to patch the working one with menus myself with MultiPatch but OpenEmu won't load the files after using MultiPatch.

Offline wad11656

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2018, 05:44:25 am »
Does anyone have a link to the fully patched (Voices or Subtitles + Menus) ISO file? I found the EBOOT.pbp in the members downloads section but EBOOT.pbp is not supported by PPSSPP emulator or OpenEmu on the Mac which is the best emulator.

I've got the working ISO version with translated menus but not with subtitles OR voices for the movie scenes.

I've tried to patch the working one with menus myself with MultiPatch but OpenEmu won't load the files after using MultiPatch.

I tested these personally [extremely briefly] on my Mac on OpenEmu (>PS1 BIOS OpenEmu YouTube tutorial<) Anyway, here are your pre-patched ROM's, OpenEmu-ready (Drag & Drop the .m3u file into OpenEmu):

Jap Dub+Eng Subs:
https://goo.gl/psi39z

Eng Dub+Eng Subs (sorry about the subs):
https://goo.gl/ofgrD3

(There are other places online with the pre-patched ISO's too...)

P.S. These should also work in the emulator "pSX" for Windows too
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:19:38 pm by wad11656 »

Offline Dinar Yunus

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2018, 05:33:14 am »
Ah, it has been a long time since my last post in here

For Blackcatz, changing character's class to unplayable class like that would cause some graphical issue

By the way, can you give me a gameshark code to change character class? 😄

Offline owens

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #276 on: March 05, 2018, 02:56:22 pm »

I tested these personally [extremely briefly] on my Mac on OpenEmu (>PS1 BIOS OpenEmu YouTube tutorial<) Anyway, here are your pre-patched ROM's, OpenEmu-ready (Drag & Drop the .m3u file into OpenEmu):

Jap Dub+Eng Subs:
https://goo.gl/psi39z

Eng Dub+Eng Subs (sorry about the subs):
https://goo.gl/ofgrD3

(There are other places online with the pre-patched ISO's too...)

P.S. These should also work in the emulator "pSX" for Windows too

You are my hero!

I googled everywhere for the pre-patched ISO's but couldn't find any.

Offline wad11656

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #277 on: March 05, 2018, 06:03:12 pm »

You are my hero!

I googled everywhere for the pre-patched ISO's but couldn't find any.

:beerchug:

Offline VeracityTrigger

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2018, 08:15:25 pm »
Wow, I put up a post for full English patch iso on the Brigandine website a few days before it was replied here.

Well, at least its up! Here is the video I made to show my files. I hope this is helpful too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5StC8VpToH4&list=PLfWl7Q7YIn4LBbLqXMcQJlMXOOd0SYrT9

Take care guys.  :beerchug:

Offline master_cheat001

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2018, 06:11:38 am »
Hello first I want to express my deepest gratitude to the team making this english patch. Thanks so much for your hard work.

Second i would like to ask: Is there a way to recover the original voice acting before battles commence? Thanks in advance.