Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 386167 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2015, 02:49:13 pm »
Hi bijuu  :smile:
Someone else asked that a while back and I didn't think it was possible because LoF uses a different format for the background music compared to BGE. However, since them I've thought that maybe LoF has two copies of the main theme music, and one may be in the format that is compatible with BGE.

Regardless, I've moved on to other projects now (except for polishing up bugs and such) so I can't take the time to check into it myself. If anyone else wants to, they can look into the SEQ files on the disks and research the format. If LoF has the main theme encoded in SEQ files, it may be fairly simple to swap it into BGE.

The music in BGE uses a standard PS1 sound format similar to MIDI where the music is constructed "on the fly" from a set of sound samples. So it would be a matter of swapping in the sound samples used by LoF's music and then overwriting each of BGE's 6 separate theme's with the desired music file.

Offline urschafas

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2015, 05:52:46 am »
hy HwithVlf..

i read this at page 9 "Archdemons as Siren, and Lucifer was Arch Seraph even had its Sprite color changed"
http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=869.80

and i've tested patch v8, lucifer has lost black element (got 2 white element+1red) but it has black magic (meteor doom & dimension)
umm.. why it lost the black element while it has the black magic..?   :confused:
i hope there will be another patch version that lucifer has 3 elements (white black red)  :biggrin:  :movingeyes:

but thanks for ur hardwork..  :smile:   u're the best :biggrin:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33:17 pm »
That inconsistency is a result of fan's requests. The moral to the story is, you can't make everyone happy. I'm making a version of BGE that fixes the inconsistency and makes the game more balanced overall which I might release.   

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2015, 07:29:21 am »
I would be interested in trying a rebalance patch .

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2015, 07:30:34 am »
You don't happen to know the hex address to make Millet be in the Mystic class instead of Vixen do you ? When playing as Esgares you can't get a mystic .

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2015, 02:12:49 pm »
Millet's class is 1 byte at 0x97634. Changing it to 0x1F should make her a Mystic.
I think you asked about making Hyude a Ninja once. I recently learned his class is at 0x97EF4. The value for Shadow is 0x15.

You should unequip any incompatible equipment before changing classes or it may get stuck. Also, I'm not sure how it will work when they reach the class-up level, if they don't meet the stat requirements for the next level.

EDIT: Those are the RAM locations for use with cheat codes etc. Is that what you were wanting?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:20:57 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2015, 07:16:38 pm »
I did it with cheat codes but I noticed that even when she was a mystic when she got to Expert she still got the vixen spell also once I made her the sage and she got expert she got all the temptress spells . And I had to do the cheat code again instead of just upclassing . Now in LOF the Cleric could choose the Mystic path but in grand they did away with it is there a way to make Mystic an option for and expert Cleric . That would help Sophia of Leonia also .

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2015, 07:22:34 pm »
I wanted to hard code it . Is the original number a 79 ? that is what is there at the address on here .

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2015, 05:45:55 pm »
I guess the game needs the class change registered elsewhere to make it go smoothly. In the ISO, Millet's class definition is at 0xA9C9C and should be 0x1D to start with. You can search for "1D0A3D14 5F010701 324D4C24 DB003031" if you're using an odd disk image type.

As far as changing the conditions required for classes, I don't know where that info is stored. There seems to be a standard set based on the knight's gender, and then a flag that disables class changes all together for Kings and such. you would have to find the list that sets which classes are offered female characters and change it. Sorry, I don't know where that is.

Offline Tony0075

• Mace Masher
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2015, 08:53:58 pm »
I found it but when I started a game she was still a vixen . It must be done in a few addresses to change it . I wonder if the 0a that is in the next address could be her level but I tried changing that to 09 and in game she still started at 10 .