Author Topic: Brigandine Grand Edition...  (Read 386182 times)

Offline AceKit

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Brigandine Grand Edition...
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2015, 02:13:35 pm »
HwitVlf,i still havent completely understood whether it's possible to bring back sounds from original japanese Ge version.Until ur dubbing is done,can i cut it out from original CD and insert into modded one?Or ur translation will be reset and there's no way to have both options-complete language and japanese dubs?

Offline Valentari

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2015, 03:27:01 pm »
Excellent job so far.I cant wait to see final version being completely dubbed.That would be just perfect.
P.S. Zemeckis could be a little bit more emotional in the first intro,moreover,there's slight assynchronisation or lag in this cutscene,just to mention,otherwise-it sounds good.

I have to disagree with the part about Zemeckis.  From his character bio, and the way it sounds in the original dub, it's more of a monologue than a moment of emotion.  He doesn't come off as a particularly emotional person to me. 

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2015, 03:54:43 pm »
If there's a constant asynchronization between audio and video, it may be a lag in the emulator you're using.

About the event audio, the simplified version is that there's no way to restore the sounds without destroying the text display. The long version is that the events work like this:
Header text-box definition:
   [Portrait, Text location, Audio location, Audio duration]

Text location:
   Box1:
   [TAG = % of "audio duration" to display this text before auto-next] "Text text text."
   Box2:
   [TAG = % of "audio duration" to display this text before auto-next] "Text text text."

The problem arises if the "audio duration" in the "header text-box definition" is shorter than it takes the player to read the text. You can not extend the "audio duration" or it will play into the next sound clip. Even if the audio duration provides enough time to read through the English text, you would have to go through the entire text and add the "% duration" tags for each text box. There are thousands of such tags so manually editing them would be a nightmare.

The only places it would be relatively simple to restore the audio is when the clip uses only a single text box and the audio is long enough to give the player time to read the text. Such text boxes don't have a "%TAG" embedded in the text (since the one box uses 100% of the duration) but only have "audio location/duration" tag from the header. Restoring audio for those text boxes would be simpler because you could just restore the original header data over the "blank tags" I inserted. Still, sorting through all the text to find which boxes meet that criteria would be a large job. I had to program my own auto-tool to strip the sound tags from the header, and then I manually added back any audio clip I found that was essential and/or wouldn't interfere with the text display. Even if these "1-box" clips were restored, people would likely find it annoying to have some text auto-next and the rest require a confirmation button press.
:smash2: 

Offline AceKit

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2015, 05:16:27 pm »
That's more than enough as explanation,i promise not to bother you about this until all dubbing is done,good luck with that. :saint: :smile:
P.S.And still,when he says"I will rule it all",this phrase sounds like 2 separate sentences,although it should be single one,isnt it?Just check this out:)My pc is far from lagging with Ps1 emulator,so that shouldnt be the case.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:24:40 pm by AceKit »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »
I don't mind questions at all  :smile: I tried hard to preserve the dialog audio, but I just couldn't find a satisfactory way to accomplish it  :drool: .

I didn't mean your PC was lagging under burden. I meant that audio and video streams are handled separately (especially in emulation) which can cause a time offset (aka lag) between the two. Some emulators have a setting to adjust that (XA latency etc).

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2015, 07:44:20 pm »
Updated the voiced movie patch to v2. The original release had a bug that prevented the translated credits from showing up in-game.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2015, 12:05:43 am »
Someone pointed out that heavy armor descriptions use the phrase "Trait +1" whereas other armor says "Resist +1".  Usually "trait" is used for weapons that change the unit's attack element and "resist" is used for armors that increase elemental defense.  I thought maybe I made a translation error, but I looked and heavy armor does indeed say "trait" in the Japanese.

For all you BGE gurus out there, is there a difference between a heavy armor's elemental "Trait +1" and other armors "Resist +1"? I'm thinking it was just a mistake in the original game that should be fixed.

Offline Harablo

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2015, 02:18:54 pm »
I don't know off the top of my head but you can check your basic attack in the status screen for the element type it will be, this will change if you have equipment added that alters it. If the attack does not have the new colour added then I thinks its safe to go with just a text error and it is still altering your defense.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2015, 05:45:24 pm »
It doesn't alter the attack element in the menu so I'm thinking you're right that it's just a typo.  I also tested with Bagdemagus (red/blk) vs the Frost spell. With nothing equipped he took 184 damage,  but with IceMail (Blue Trait+1) or IceAmulet (Blue Resist +1) equipped, he took 169. That would support it being a typo on Heavy armor also. So I'll just change it to "Resist".

Offline bijuu

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2015, 04:50:49 am »
hwitVlf, can you make another patch that use LoF backsound to GE?
i really love that all Legend of Forsena BGM :D