Author Topic: Windows 8.1  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Windows 8.1
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:58:27 am »
Anyone try SoM on this OS?
I got a quadcore laptop with my mad Black Friday skills and I'm going to try my hand at getting this to work on a touchscreen system...

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »
It will work, but you may encounter some crashing errors in the map editor like I do. What I did to get around this was set up a Windows XP emulator & shared folder for my project, and I can use without a hitch.

By the way, aren't you the one who made Diadem of Maunstraut and Trismegistus? Looked like you went on a very long hiatus from this site. You should check out some of the newer games released by me and Verdite, like Return to Melanat and Moratheia. :wink:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:37:57 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 04:30:56 am »
Hi Tom good to know you are still around...

You can find my simple fix here

http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=835.msg11705#new

Make sure you run the program as admin for it to work (right click>run as admin) :smile:

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 02:19:07 pm »
It will work, but you may encounter some crashing errors in the map editor like I do. What I did to get around this was set up a Windows XP emulator & shared folder for my project, and I can use without a hitch.

By the way, aren't you the one who made Diadem of Maunstraut and Trismegistus? Looked like you went on a very long hiatus from this site. You should check out some of the newer games released by me and Verdite, like Return to Melanat and Moratheia. :wink:

Yes, I did create Diadem of Maunstraut and Trismegistus.  As well as the (I guess lesser known) The Field of Kings.  I don't think I've been away THAT long... making the occasional post here and there.  Maybe I lost track of time?

My list of excuses include:
 - I felt like my cup was full after making 3 full length games. 
 - SoM wouldn't work on my Windows 7 machine anymore.  (hence the design of The Field of Kings) 
 - My music career hasn't peaked.
 - I work 50+ hours a week
etc. etc.

I am familiar with the games you mentioned though. I'll have to refresh my memory about them...

Hi Tom good to know you are still around...

You can find my simple fix here

http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=835.msg11705#new

Make sure you run the program as admin for it to work (right click>run as admin) :smile:

Thanks Ben!  I'll apply it!

I've got some new game ideas - I'll see what happens...

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.