Author Topic: FSTimView Release  (Read 6748 times)

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: FSTimView Release
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 11:37:45 am »
It's been near enough a year since I last worked on this tool, but I've come forward with a lot of new breakthroughs during this time, which will excite any King's Field fan

The .T archive file format has been fully reversed, and I've created a few small tests to see what it can find, and oh boy did I learn a lot more about how King's Field works.

1) There is no custom .Tim format, as was thought.
  By creating a utility to scan through the .T files and find anything that looked like it was a texture, a lot of information was missed out on, primarily the fact that King's Field loaded all the textures for a level in one big clump, near-direct to video memory. This explains one big thing which I noticed when extracting files, which was that there were duplicates all over the place.

2) More files uncovered.
  By excluding common PlayStation file types, I've found a lot more priority file formats inside the archives. I haven't had a   chance to reverse them yet, but it could mean the discovery of the level data, which would be really cool for many reasons.

--

I'll try and keep this updated a lot more often, as I'm sure I've probably pissed people off here in the past by working on things then never releasing them... Sorry about that, life sure gets hectic the older you get, huh?

Edit:
From my notes, I've got this to show:
Code: [Select]
These Archives have no support:
- MO.T   (Models. Weird sub-tables, can't extract it.)
- RTMD.T (Level data. Don't know the fileformat, can't extract it.)

These Archives have partial support:
- VAB.T (Can extract, but don't know all the files.)
- FDAT.T  (Can extract, but don't know all the files.)

These archives have full support:
- TALK0.T (.Tim)
- TALK1.T (.Tim)
- TALK2.T (.Tim)
- ITEM1.T (.Tmd, .Tim)
- ITEM2.T (.Tmd, .Tim)
- RTIM.T  (.FSTim)

It pretty much explains its self, although FDAT.T is bordering 'not supported' at the moment. Only an amazing 1 file is found in that, and it's a VRAM sheet

- TSB
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:53:49 pm by TheStolenBattenberg »
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?