Author Topic: Neo Under etc.  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Neo Under etc.
« on: May 23, 2009, 10:55:03 pm »
Should we list all the Japanese games online etc, or even make backups of them in case they disappear?

I've played a bit of them in the past, but I just downloaded / ran thru Neo Under (just running places without killing) ...it seemed like a massive labyrinth with little structure, but I did notice a number of interesting pieces we don't have afaik. If we couldn't get source code (read: .prf files) ...do you think we could construct our own pieces/objects from the game files somehow?

^Edited: I don't want to suggest that any asset appearing in a SoM game is open-game of course. But should we even try to tap into whatever Japanese community might still remain / be revivable?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Neo Under etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:27:03 am »
sounds like a good idea, if you have any downloaded ( I could never find any for some reason) would you mind uploading em?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline MaskedGamer

• Beginner
  • Bow Bearer
  • An adventure like all before.
Re: Neo Under etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:37:33 pm »
Here are the Japanese SoM games I've been able to find online (most of these links are in Japanese):

I would have saved myself a lot of time if I had gone to that agetec board first.  It's the only place KF:IT can be downloaded anymore.  I looked for a few communities on Mixi, a Japanese social networking service, but nothing came up.  There's one message board that had a few posts in the past few months but most I've come across have been dead for 4 or 5 years.  I've only tried a bit of Angel Tower and Tower of Babel so I can't tell you how hard they are or if they're more than just a few rooms slapped together with tough enemies.

Edit:  I tried Never Quest and Berserker after finishing work.  Berserker was pretty fun but short and easy.  It's quick and more combat based than a few other games.  It's got some neat gimmicks that I'd like to try out sometime.  Never Quest was slow.  Slow.  Slow.  Yes, that's three slows.  It also suffers from the "missing dagger" effect, where the player starts with a dagger equipped but doesn't have one in his inventory.  There is some interesting map work going on and even "crafting" but when your dagger disappears, you can't hunt for items.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:14:20 am by MaskedGamer »
Building, getting bored, building again, getting bored again, repeat.
[Current Project: Daeyln (working title)]

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages