Author Topic: Moratheia general discussion  (Read 23920 times)

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
Re: Moratheia general discussion
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2015, 06:10:00 pm »
Yeah I downloaded it and started it up and the only problem I had is that the grass makes objects behind It Invisible. :sweatdrop: Its really annoying to look at. :sadani:
Sincerely-djil;f

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2015, 08:47:04 am »
How is the game coming along in terms of completion? :P I keep coming back to download and start recording a playthrough, but every time I see that there's an update, and I really don't want to play it through until I'm sure that I'm getting the experience you wanted people to get from the game.

- TSB
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?

Offline djil;f

• Video Game Addict
  • Bow Bearer
  • Pro Gamer
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 09:26:09 pm »
Yeah i can imagine it with ps4 graphics :biggrin:
Sincerely-djil;f

Offline PsychoMantisXX

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 10:21:33 am »
Sorry new to this so bear with me. Tried Moratheia out however all the menus are blank, the text dialogue doesn't show, including the save menu. The intro is totally black as well. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Thoughts? In fact this issue is something I'm having with all the SOM games, I've tried looking for the problem but nothing is coming up through search engines for me :/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:22:52 pm by PsychoMantisXX »

Offline galactus

• Dagger Carrier
  • Kings of Field
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2018, 08:58:03 am »
does it work  w hit Windows 10 :smash2: :madani:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2018, 06:41:21 pm »

This project is in development (https://www.facebook.com/pg/moratheia/photos/?ref=page_internal) but its owner doesn't seem to have any free time to work on it from what I've been told (they recently told me they were making a point to block off 1hr/wk to work on it, but this seems like setting aside 1hr/wk to raise a child to me :movingeyes:)

They could release this demo with extended SOM (http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/ex/diy/) to solve all problems and make it way better. Actually they're supposed to be preparing a new demo as we speak. If you have a Facebook account you can encourage them. I don't know what else.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2018, 10:50:45 pm »

This project is in development (https://www.facebook.com/pg/moratheia/photos/?ref=page_internal) but its owner doesn't seem to have any free time to work on it from what I've been told (they recently told me they were making a point to block off 1hr/wk to work on it, but this seems like setting aside 1hr/wk to raise a child to me :movingeyes:)

They could release this demo with extended SOM (http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/ex/diy/) to solve all problems and make it way better. Actually they're supposed to be preparing a new demo as we speak. If you have a Facebook account you can encourage them. I don't know what else.

Here is a patch for what I use to mess around with this demo. You have to use F3 (God Mode) or you might try adding do_fix_damage_calculus=no to a [Bugfix] section in the Ex.ini file and removing the [Damage] section, to try to get back to the damage formula it was designed for. Unfortunately it's more complicated than I want to get into. The character will be fatter, and so might need F4 to go some places. And you might need to remove the do_aa extension if it conflicts with your monitor/video driver settings. (To see it correctly you need a pixel perfect display and to have full screen antialiasing disabled in your video control panel, and if your monitor has motion blur stuff, that basically needs to be disabled.)

EDITED: Another drawback is you lose the custom changes to the text in the menus. There's a system for translating the menus. But what this demo did is modify the EXE file. And you no longer use the GAME.EXE file, but use the Moratheia.exe file instead to play. (You can use both.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:54:18 pm by Holy_Diver »