Author Topic: Moratheia general discussion  (Read 23922 times)

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Moratheia general discussion
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »
Please leave any suggestions for future patches here, and any feedback you want to give.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:00:23 pm by Verdite »

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Moratheia general discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:03:56 pm »
Hey Ben,
I see no menu/config, is there a key?

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:51:19 pm »
Hi Mark, you can hit tab to go into the menu or triangle if using a controller  :smile:

Offline Anima Zero

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:23 pm »
Put in roughly 2 1/2 hours into the game so far and I'm still in the first zone.  Loving the game so far.  The environments give off that Dark Souls vibe for me, the music is fitting, and the combat is tough & rewarding.  I think my first two or three deaths in the game have been attributed to those damned goblins with the knife that run like the damn blazes toward you.  Dingbats they are, heh.

Also, a bit of stupid question...looking in the final development news thread, I noticed something about being able to choose your "leveling" style (fighter, defender, or balanced IIRC).  I haven't seen anything like that yet so is it something I managed to overlook in the first zone or was it something you couldn't really implement in the way you wanted to for this game?

Anyways, great work so far!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »
Hello Anima

Pleased you love the game so far. That's great feedback. Yeah those blue skinned goblins are lefa - I'm pleased you found them challenging! I didn't want to have humans as enemies in my game, so I had to think of an interesting humanoid race to make things more challenging - you'll find that the humanoids pose most threat in Moratheia.

Sadly, levelling up choices were not ideal, eventually. It could've been done, but it would have been a long process. Basically, I went off the possibility of redoing the whole experience and level table and customising it. It cannot be changed, though. So to have a class system would have meant measuring every time the player levels up (which is a pain anyway) then negating all stats from that level up and adding stats based on class. It would have opened the oppertunity for errors and exploits, so I had to give it up.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 04:19:24 pm »
It may be just a personal preference of mine, but I thought I would mention: I would prefer more signs etc that showed the name of the current location.  Something like "Castle name  ->". When the game world is new, it heps me get the local lore strait if the area name is written somewhere that I can read repeatedly as I explore. It helps me map out the relationships of areas in  my mind.

I really like the map transitions. They are amazingly smooth compared to what I thought was possible.

Offline Smittiox

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »
At last !!! Time to get busy  :biggrin: Thanks in advance for all the work man, I'm gonna enjoy this I believe  :beerchug:

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 12:59:39 pm »
Really appreciated Gus  :smile: you can remove it now, I have downloaded it

Offline GusLeRoi

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »
My pleasure Ben, anything else I can do to help just let me know  :smile:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:01 pm »
Ben, I moved Moratheia to the "Complete section" -  I hope that's okay.  If you'd like to change anything like the section description or Rathmor > Moratheia, let me know :)