Author Topic: Moratheia bug reports  (Read 32543 times)

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Moratheia bug reports
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 03:45:55 pm »
Thanks John, that one was reported by Todd earlier and turns out to be a quest item I had replaced with Gold in the parameter.

I'm more interested in the text? How'd you change the font?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 07:11:28 pm »
I forgot that the font might be different. Is that what caused the pictured irregular line-break?

I didn't technically change the font. The pictured font is SoM's default, if it is installed on the PC. If that font is not installed, SoM uses the next font that supports Japanese characters. If no Japanese fonts are installed, it uses the first English font it finds.

There's a thread here somewhere with info on changing the default font. If you distribute Moratheia in an installer, you can include a custom font that is installed at the same time.

Also, the list of available fonts when making a "detailed message" in SoM is assembled from the Japanese fonts installed on the current PC. You can make custom fonts that use any characters you want, and tag them as Japanese so they're available for use in "detailed messages". Just make sure to distribute them with your SoM game.
 :saint:

I was feeling all powerful and cocky when I strolled into Merra Cove, and promptly ended up with my head on a stick.  :drool:  Such fun!  :biggrin:

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:10 pm »
In the area before Meera Cove, there's a gate by the save point that displays a massage which says it's locked, but it still opens afterwards. Not sure if I had the key or what, but you might want to look into it.

I think you should just reduce the recovery time for the healing spell and maybe increase the MP cost to compensate, it's just too easy to dash momentarily and reset the timer.

You should really consider increasing the lighting in these dark caves just a little bit, as the brightness adjust option doesn't work on some computers, including mine. I found myself having to squint just to see, and the brightness spell only served to blind me even more. :drool:

Lastly, I found this pit with an out of place water tile in Meera Cove.

Edit: A few other problems: The transfer event from the town at night to Meera 2 brings you back to daytime Meera. Also, the music for the night town and the map where you meet the saerirs stops playing after a while, I know this can happen when you use the change bgm command, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it myself. It worked fine in the sample game, so there's gotta be a way to loop it. :smash2:

The clipping around this tower after the farm area is off, I managed to fall through the floor near the corners of this thing twice.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:02:30 am by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 01:22:59 am »
In the passage near the pictured, I got past the warp trigger without hitting it. It happened once by accident, but I was able to recreate it a couple more times by hugging the wall on one side to slip past the trigger.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 02:07:08 am »
As much as I like the idea of free stuff, this can't be right!

EDIT: The insects on the map after the farm still don't attack (the ones after the vegetation is cleared). 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:15:44 am by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »
Thanks, expect a minor patch this weekend. Anyone else in the woodwork who wants to contribute, please do so before Sunday. Cheers.

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »
I'm on a very short trip to the forum before I head back into the woodwork.   :wink:

I haven't had time to properly devote myself to a playthrough yet - so far  I've only done a couple quick run-arounds to scout out the world near the beginning.  (I love the look!)  I will mention one bug, though, since you've called me out.   :cool:   It's really minor, and I'm probably the only person this will ever have affected...  At the VERY beginning - like, when you come to, after the start screen, I was able to get stuck a couple times in the wall corner, about 2 meters to the 8 o'clock position from where your character is initially facing. 

I only found this because of the little issue with my controller.  I always use a PS2 controller, and often when I start up a SOM exe, the game will interpret my plugged-in controller as giving commands to go backwards and turn, and all keys on the controller then go unresponsive.  (I had this happen with the SOM KF1 and Dark Destiny as well.)  But, some combination of switching between controller types and rebooting always fixes it.  So this time when I started up Moratheia the first time, I was immediately lurched into the corner, then got stuck there from collision settings.  My most pathetic game run ever!   :badteeth:

So yeah, I doubt that it's important enough to address, but I thought I'd mention that it's there. 

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 06:50:55 pm »
The gold sap in Scala Grove has the same problem as before; I'm able to contain it without needing a crystal flask.
Edit: It seems the map beyond the northern gate also has this problem, you might want to check all maps after this point in that case.

Also, the music volume in Scala itself is way too low, I can't hear it at all. I think you should raise its volume if you still can.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:58:23 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »
Another barely noticeable thing- some of the map walls and items have see-trough pixels because they are too close to black. I saw it in the coffin chests (very neat design by the way) as their lids slide open, and a couple places in the walls in the cove. It barely shows and almost looks neat in the coffin lids, but if you want to change it, setting the sky to "none" should be an easy for indoor maps.
  :beerchug:

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 07:34:04 pm »
The plant on the left gives bottled lime sap instead of solid lime sap. Hopefully you can tell where this is, it's the map beyond the north gate in Scala.

Edit: Another bug, in the spiked crystal quest that Teol gives you, If you say you have the crystal but don't he will say thanks and that he's giving you 100 coins but doesn't. I believe he's supposed to say something more along the lines of "WHERE'S MAH CRYSTAL?" :wink:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:28:17 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.