Author Topic: Moratheia bug reports  (Read 32505 times)

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: Moratheia bug reports
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 04:52:13 pm »
Verdite, if you'd like me to convert your intro to play properly in SOM and still be low file size, I can do that for you. Or are you still going to make a new one?
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »
However, I'm all for changing the norm if it makes sense, if that's what you're going for.
That's pretty funny. I'm not on a word crusade though John :smile: changing the English language from the norm would be a project much lengthier than Moratheia. I mean how long did it take for words like "Dude" and "Fries" to be accepted and understood properly?  :tongue:

Attack of the spelling errors!! I really appreciate you letting me know. Looks like I picked up some bad shortcuts in writing. :rolleyesani:
Also, I created some really low sample WAV files that didnt work in SoM. I had converted them all, with the files being roughly 1/3 the size of the original 1411kbps.
I should've used the sample file's WAV properties as a template though. Thanks John  :beerchug:

MT, I will be making a brand new video with a bit more backstory etc. Thanks alot for the offer though! I will be adding the video and the new WAV files on the next release, however expect a patch tonight for any bugs. :smile:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 07:07:02 pm »
Ha ha don't forget "donut". Well I join words sometimes that aren't supposed to be (gameplay screenshot) - following the ancient english tradition of compound words (cup+board, to+ward, sign+post).

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 10:30:34 pm »
Downloading your latest files, I believe tonight I shall finally get to sink my teeth into this game!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »
The insect enemies don't seem to be attacking. They just walk into you.

Attached are two screenshots: In one, a creature has fallen off a cliff and can't be reached. In the other, there's a hole in the wall, up high in the passage that leads to the gate and guard that tells you to bugger off.

Am I right that the rewards for the collect-item quest that the tavern-keeper gives you are far less than you would get for just selling the items? That cheeky #$%!!!  :biggrin:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:58:35 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 04:20:07 pm »
Thanks for those John... Did you take to shellfish herding?! :eek: Haha. There are many following you there. Appreciate that, I will add a no go zone there to the next patch.

Wow you found the hole. :sweatdrop: I thought I'd get away with that one for at least a few months.

Yeah the tavern keeper gives you 'semi charity' work. Thats all I'm saying. :badteeth:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 11:36:24 pm »
These are some things that may be normal, but I'll mention them just incase:

You can fall down Bura's well and become trapped. I actually thought it was kind of a funny bit of realism. Any crazy adventure who jumps in a well thinking "there's bound to be loot down there!" probably deserves to drown  :tongue:.

I came to a set of two doors at a map transition (see picture), but the second one doesn't open. Also, the Explorer's map doesn't seem to match the area's layout near this door, but maybe I just haven't found a path yet.

There's one area where the Explorer's map doesn't display anything - probably normal.

I am really LOVING this game. One of the few I've played where resources are in such short supply that you actually have to think and be careful! Cool!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:41:06 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 06:52:41 am »
Thanks for the feedback John!

I can confirm that all the things you mentioned are normal. I left the wells open deliberately for a bit of fun, that door can be unlocked with a key - its a major shortcut. The explorers maps are old so they dont cover everything, I wanted players to have a bit of exploration left, and they only cover certain areas in the beginning... As you progress you'll find less and less maps, with the exceptions of complicated maps having their own.

probably deserves to drown  :tongue:.
:biggrin: Bura probably left it open to laugh at pitiful well-jumping fools

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »
Couple little things:

A ledge near the mine has a floor collision shape that trapped me  when I walked onto it.

And I had the same issue which I think was mentioned before, if you examine a plant and choose to bottle the sap when you don't have a flask free, when you come back later WITH an empty flask, you still get the no empty containers message. I didn't have a map position of the offending plant, but maybe you can recognize it from the picture.  :beerchug:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »
The +gold event for the map in the screenshot below isn't working. I got gold out of a chest and it stayed in my inventory till I entered the next map and then I got the +100 message.