Author Topic: Moratheia bug reports  (Read 32481 times)

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Moratheia bug reports
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »
31/08/2014

While Moratheia 1.0 has had extensive testing done by me, some bugs may still crop up in game.

Please submit all bugs in this thread. Much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:00:36 pm by Verdite »

Offline GusLeRoi

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: Moratheia bug reports
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »
Ok, I have played through the entire first quest that the king gives to you (until he sends you to the next zone)...Here are the bugs I have encountered.

When zone changing the upper screen where health , mana and compass are, gets blurred up...I found that opening menu will remove the blur.

The liquid sap pods (used to fill flasks) cannot be clicked a second time if you had no space to carry them the first time around...(full flasks but clicked them anyways)

At random areas in the game (mostly narrow caves) if I walk to close to walls I get warped back to the beginning hut (where games starts)...I don't die or nothing, still same lvl but have to walk all the way back unless You just saved (quite annoying , but it happens only rarely...like 3 or 4 times during my 8 hour session)

Cliff areas are plentiful and I have found that on ledges is a fair amount of clipping. (can pass small gaps where I should fall down , by clipping in the wall)

I don't know if this is intentional but when casting spells that take a long time to recharge...after a super short run the recharge bar goes up at least 3 times faster so I can basically cheat the
waiting time between casts

Game crashed only once during 8 hours so that's no problem for me

Having many times the same weapon in my inventory clogs up my weapon selection somewhat because of dif. equips for dif att. type.....after u have 4 or so weapons its a lot of scrolling and choosing

The access menu at the vendor in castle city should let you access all items sold by vendor...not only items you own...because you have to buy something to be able to access info. which is a pain because you have to save and reload a lot if you want info on items he is selling (Tried to explain this as clearly as I can lol)

Will keep posting as I progress further  :coffee:

But overall great job...none of the above are real game breakers....Also areas and creatures are beautiful,  fantastic job there :smile:

Offline Auric

• A.K.A. Scott
  • Mace Masher
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:25:05 pm »
I don't know if this is intentional but when casting spells that take a long time to recharge...after a super short run the recharge bar goes up at least 3 times faster so I can basically cheat the

The access menu at the vendor in castle city should let you access all items sold by vendor...not only items you own...because you have to buy something to be able to access info. which is a pain because you have to save and reload a lot if you want info on items he is selling (Tried to explain this as clearly as I can lol)

The first one is a bug with SoM and the other is a limitation of SoM. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about these. :sadani:

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 03:16:25 pm »
When zone changing the upper screen where health , mana and compass are, gets blurred up...I found that opening menu will remove the blur.

Thank you for letting me know. I didnt know this type of error could occur.

The liquid sap pods (used to fill flasks) cannot be clicked a second time if you had no space to carry them the first time around...(full flasks but clicked them anyways)

You can hit esc to get out of this one  :smile: until I fix it.

At random areas in the game (mostly narrow caves) if I walk to close to walls I get warped back to the beginning hut (where games starts)...I don't die or nothing, still same lvl but have to walk all the way back unless You just saved (quite annoying , but it happens only rarely...like 3 or 4 times during my 8 hour session)

Thank you for reporting this, this is something that should've been covered before the release, but sadly wasnt - it doesnt occur on my system. I will fix this in the next patch. Really appreciated.

Cliff areas are plentiful and I have found that on ledges is a fair amount of clipping. (can pass small gaps where I should fall down , by clipping in the wall)

Certain parts of the cliffside are deliberately open to obtain items (like the shell in Meera 2)

This is not a bug, if you cast a support ability then the ability bar will recover slowly because of it. Dashing or casting an offensive ability will refresh the ability bar, to respond to that offensive ability. The bar is not filling up 3x faster abnormally - this will be your equipped attack spell recovering.

Game crashed only once during 8 hours so that's no problem for me
Do you remember where the crash was?

Having many times the same weapon in my inventory clogs up my weapon selection somewhat because of dif. equips for dif att. type.....after u have 4 or so weapons its a lot of scrolling and choosing

Setting this up took alot of time and programming, I hope that you find it bearable. Don't forget that attack types have different damage.

As Auric said this cannot be changed sadly. Alot of what Gaurlof sells can be found in the field  :smile:

I really appreciate your help, GusLeRoi.

Offline GusLeRoi

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:01:12 pm »
Ok so I have now completed Meera cove quests until dude sends you to sleep at the inn...I wake up in the morning (all is fine until here) but ever since I've woken up the game crashes every time
I try to go back towards the beginning zones from castle city...But I can continue my quest towards the fields in the newly opened area....

Also Meera cove caves is a real death trap as many of the outer edge walls are walk right throughs...and fall to your death....It seems to be mainly (but not exclusively) close to where little bushes are placed in alcove like areas...

starting field ruins now and will post my findings once I'm done with that quest  :smile:

Also,  this is not really a bug but I thought i would put it in here anyways...The fish people in Meera cove often get stuck on small corners making them basically harmless because you can just go close enough to spear them and they can't seem to clear the corner (they stop pathfinding towards the Player)...pointy corners are worse than roundish

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 10:44:55 pm »
I've just encountered a pretty major bug; the transition from acid field 1 back to rock fort teleports you all the way back to meera 1. :sadani:

Another bug, most of the thornel plants in the acid field don't require crystal flasks to contain, which netted me quite a few free flasks. :sweatdrop:

PS: I also found these bugs in map 4... :drool:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:57:58 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline GusLeRoi

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »
Ok so I have made my way to Zyngaroth temple and everything went fine until I decided to go back to Calethan to purchase the *Boar King Key*

But as I leave the zone towards the farm zones  the game crashes to desktop every time....same bug I encountered earlier when trying to go to beginning zones from Calethan (posted that in my previous report)...so now I'm stuck in calethan  :sadani:

Something is messing up the zones transitions and makes the game crash to desktop...I have 1 save left that still is near Zyngaroth and I have verified that I can continue the quest onwards to the new zone
(where guard previously bars the way)...maybe once I'm done with that quest the zone change will work again...but I don't have much hope

Hopefully this can be fixed without loss of my save games because Ive put over 15 hours into this so far  :sweatdrop:

Ty and have a nice day

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:21:27 pm »
Thankyou for giving me this report, Gus. I was about to sleep when I read the crash report. Anyway, I will fix this crash for you ASAP (within the next few days) In the meantime, you can continue into the new area. These crashes are not event related on my part, it seems more like a runtime generation bug on newer OS systems. Anyway just to verify, is there a gate blocking your way back to Meera? I will make sure I get all the bugs you mentioned in the next patch

Offline GusLeRoi

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:59:16 am »
Yes exactly there is a gate blocking the way to Meera...

And I can confirm what MasterTaffer says about the thornel sap...I can pick most of them up without having an empty crystal flask wich helped me get about 20 extra crystal flasks  :movingeyes: as all of the golden sap can be picked up without flasks

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »
The music wouldn't work for me on a WinXP machine, but it does on Win7. I did some checking and it's because of the sample rate of the WAV files. SoM's original WAVs were sampled at 22 kHz (705kbps), and the Moreatheia WAVs are in 44kHz (1411kbps).  I think that high of a sample rate is over kill.  I can't hear any sound quality difference and the 22khz versions are much smaller. To compare, even the highest sampling MP3 comes in at 320kbps.

Also, the intro movie doesn't play for me on WinXP or Win7. I expect it's just a codec issue. VirtualDub should be able to convert the videos to the Indio AVI format that the original SoM movies use.

PS. It's not really a bug, but I notice the word "alot" a lot. Usually, "a lot" is not properly written as a single word. Not to be confused with "allot" as in "I allot you $10 per day". However, I'm all for changing the norm if it makes sense, if that's what you're going for.  :drool:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:19:06 pm by HwitVlf »