Author Topic: King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}  (Read 13765 times)

Offline Auric

• A.K.A. Scott
  • Mace Masher
Re: King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 01:51:57 pm »
The Sword of Moonlight's item description, according to Mark, is that Vallad created the sword.
But now I am questioning the translation.

When you think about it, Guyra is apart of Vallad. So in a way Vallad made the sword through Guyra.

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 01:59:29 pm »
Auric, evidently the original Japanese text names Guyra as the sword's creator

Offline Auric

• A.K.A. Scott
  • Mace Masher
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »
I know. It's just that Guyra is apart of Vallad. So doesn't that mean if Guyra made the sword of moonlight then it was also made by Vallad as well? I'm just trying to make it so that both are right

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 09:41:38 pm »
I won't spoil the ending, but in Return to Melanat there was originally going to be an intro cutscene where Vallad briefs you in Verdite Castle before the prince journeys to Melanat. Let's just say that my game unintentionally supports this theory, LOL.
🎼 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 01:23:46 pm »
I mean, if anybody has anything supporting Vallad's claims, I'd really like to hear it.

We have his word, the Truth Glass confirms the name, and... That's it

Anybody?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 03:59:32 pm »
Well there may be one more thing to help advocate the existence of Vallad.  As you have already stated, he has a raspy male voice (god awful voice over if you ask me).  I think, but wouldn't swear to it, someone on these forums has suggested in the Japanese version at least that Guyra was female?  I think it was Holydiver who made the claim insisting he had read all the Japanese text but I couldn't be certain.

John - wanna take a stab at that one...I know you've had your fair share of time reading through the Japanese dialogs.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 07:49:40 pm »
For a God of the Earth, Vallad sure does love light magic...

Just like Guyra

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 02:08:02 pm »
I think, but wouldn't swear to it, someone on these forums has suggested in the Japanese version at least that Guyra was female?  I think it was Holydiver who made the claim insisting he had read all the Japanese text but I couldn't be certain.
John - wanna take a stab at that one...I know you've had your fair share of time reading through the Japanese dialogs.
I looked through the references to Guyra in KF2(Jap) and then used those to look up the original Japanese text and I don't find any reference to Guyra being female. Japanese isn't big on gender-determining pronouns so it's often hard to tell. There are several forms of "I" that can tell gender, but I don't find any of those. Other people always refer to him as Guyra without a gender determiner.

I did find one place where the word "mother" is used in the same sentence as Guyra's name, but it isn't referring to Guyra. The official translation read:
The Guards of Endless Time are the Woods, the Winds and the Fog. Everything is created and destroyed by the earth. For everyone who loves their mother, Guyra must be destroyed.

What it actually says is:
The fog, wind and forest guard the eternal cycle. Everything is created and destroyed by the will of the earth. You must defeat Guyra for everyone who loves mother earth.

Maybe someone thought 'mother earth' was referring to guyra?  If someone wants to double check my translation:
æ°žé ăźæ™‚ă‚’è­·ă‚‹ă‚‚ăźă€ăă‚ŒăŻæŁźăšéąšăă—ăŠéœ§ă€‚
すăčăŠăŻć€§ćœ°ăźæ„ćż—ă«ă‚ˆă‚Šć‰”ă‚Šă ă•ă‚Œă€ăŸăŸæ»…ăłă‚‹ă€‚
ć€§ćœ°ă‚’æŻăšă™ă‚‹è€…é”ăźăŸă‚ă‚źăƒŒăƒ©ă‚’ć€’ă•ă­ă°ăȘらぬ。

Attached are some interesting bits about Guyra from KF(US):

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:20:08 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 04:41:19 pm »
Hey Wolf

Yeah, I think you were right the first time with the last line...  Given the parsing, I can't imagine it meaning anything other than "... must defeat Guyra"

Now, one could possibly interpret Guyra as Mother Earth in the sense that "If you love her, you must defeat her", but that's another story...

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 08:52:43 pm »
That could actually fit! Since Vallad is the Earth dude, who would be re-unified when the two dragons were defeated.

:tinfoil: I think I might be an official nerd  :tinfoil:

:biggrin: