Author Topic: King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}  (Read 13878 times)

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »
Hello! If you've played King's Field II (US), I'd like to hear your thoughts on this concept...

Vallad is not really who he says he is

The truth is... Vallad is a ruse and a manifestation of the Black Dragon, Guyra

First of all....

Dark Gods love pretending to be the good guys in From Software games

Now.... as for Guyra masquerading as Vallad

Guyra has done this sort of thing before.

Guyra was "secretly" responsible for a lot of things in King's Field, things which were not actually connected to Guyra until way later in the series

We find out that The Royal Cemetery was originally built for the resurrection of Guyra

The dark place beyond the chasm before the final boss of King's Field (JP) was actually a portal to the dimension of Guyra

Milia, the force of "good" in KF(JP), who can empower the Sword of Moonlight, just like King Alfred's spirit, is an emissary of Guyra

The Sword of Moonlight was stolen from Alfred by Guyra

King's Field (US) is about how The Sword of Moonlight was created by, yes, Guyra

However, interestingly, King's Field II (US) states that the sword was created by "Vallad"

Hmmm.....

So, if it was actually Vallad who made the sword, and not Guyra, why would "Vallad" tell Lyle to seek Guyra to repair the Sword of Moonlight?

Who is Vallad anyway?

Vallad is a talking, pale blue crystalline "tree", who claims to be the father of humanity

And pretty much all life on Earth

Well, everything Guyra put his hands on was made from sentient, pale blue crystals

And, who can corroborate "Vallad's" story?

Nobody. Not even Orladin.

Who, by the way, was known for summoning demons and has been decapitated, similar to Alfred's (Seath's) guards and the mysterious Black Knight

Really bad people

Speaking of Orladin, why would Vallad reveal himself only to the Elf Ichrius... Why not the dwarves?

Who were the gods of the Elves?

Seath and Guyra

Not convinced?

At the end of KFII (us), why did the narrator use an evil voice to talk as "Vallad"?

In the epilogue of KF (us), the narrator uses the very same evil voice only one time....

To say the name "Guyra"

Get it?

Also....

What is Necron doing in Shadow Tower, seducing the King?

Why does the Dread Knight have a pale blue crystal sticking through his body?

Why does the Demon King's crown look like the Phantom Crown?

Why does the Divine Symbol/first boss look a lot like the Ichrius Key/Symbol of Verdite?

The answer is simple...

Guyra, the Black Dragon, tricked you and won at the end of KFII(US), leading directly into Shadow Tower.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:53:04 am by Xethuminra »

Offline Auric

• A.K.A. Scott
  • Mace Masher
Re: King's Field III {spoilers, conspiracies, and more!}
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »
I'm not sure about the rest, but I'm pretty sure KF and Shadow Tower aren't connected. The only possible way to connect them seems to be conspiracies. Necron died in KF anyway. The Necron in Shadow Tower is likely just a tribute to KF. I'm also seem to remember a pilot by the same name in one of the first Armored Core games. It's possible that the name Necron was meant to be Fromsoft's "signature" before the Moonlight Sword was.

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:38:40 pm »
How about the Divine Symbol and boss of Human World looking kinda like the Ichrius Key? With the head, wings and tail

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:40:25 pm »
Kinda like how the Symbol of Verdite burns away to reveal, I am assuming, Seath at the end of KFII(US)

What's the connection between Seath and the Symbol of Verdite?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:30:16 pm by Xethuminra »

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:55:53 pm »
I was considering  not even including the ST ideas. I am much more interested in the identity of Vallad

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 08:10:00 pm »
To my knowledge Seath and Guyra are the living embodiments of Vallad's will and spirit (sort of like Jesus in christianity is part of the 'holy trinity' yet the father the son and holy ghost are all one in the same), so technically speaking Guyra is Vallad in a way :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 08:12:12 pm »
Only according to Vallad himself. There is actually nothing within the game to suggest that he is telling the truth. How do you explain the contradicting origin stories of the SoM?

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 09:02:17 pm »
Nobody?...really?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:09:33 pm »
Well I would explain any inconsistencies on poor translation or just error on the part of the programmers.

The fact of the matter is you can use the truth glass on a variety of things that mentions the name Vallad as its own entity separate from Guyra or Seath, and to my knowledge, the truth glass never lies.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 09:14:26 pm »
To my knowledge, there are no such mistranslations in King's Fiels. I can't think of anything from the Truth Mirror which actually mentions Vallad. The first time you hear of him is from his own dialogue.