Author Topic: Framerate Issues with Map Test?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline snorlord

• Dagger Carrier
Framerate Issues with Map Test?
« on: July 24, 2014, 06:09:10 am »
I know this isn't a Guide or FAQ but none of the other boards looked appropriate so...
When I test a map (just some simple walled in room to test movement and controls) the framerate seems to be very, very poor (seems like it's <5 FPS).
 :1zhelp:

I couldn't find anything related by searching on the forums and I'm just sort of out of ideas. Turning Direct3D Acceleration on/off does nothing. I can't find any information anywhere on the main site either... Has this happened to anyone???

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Framerate Issues with Map Test?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:09:25 am »
Yes this has been a common occurence for people using SoM on machines using an OS newer than XP.

All you need to do is hit the tab key to go into the menu, then tab again to return to the test, and your frame issue should be sorted. Also make sure you have a good emulator selected in the settings - software emulation runs slowly.

Don't be concerned about others (if you ever create a runtime) getting this frame rate problem, it seems to only happen in the map test.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:16:39 pm »
Welcome snorlord. I see your point about the help section no longer being clearly labeled- fixed that.

In addition to Verdite's good advice, if you're using an nVidia video card, make sure the video device is set to the "TL HAL" version of the video card.

Offline snorlord

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:58:15 pm »
Thank you to both of you! That was a much easier fix than I'd expected ^_^