Author Topic: Dark Destiny: The Forsaken King ::Updates and News Announcements::  (Read 7898 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Dark Destiny: The Forsaken King ::Updates and News Announcements::
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 01:08:23 pm »
Nah its a behind the shoulder view of the player character at this point, and yes, it is a lot like demon's souls area.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 01:45:25 pm »
I was talkin about the guy who's five times bigger than the horseman opposing him in the screenshot with the fire. It's probably just a statue.... But that doesn't mean it couldn't come to life and attack! :P

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 04:03:50 pm »
Oh yes, that is an enemy indeed.
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 04:56:51 pm »
Looks great Todd, I like the use of lighting.

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 06:52:59 pm »
Not a statue!

Woot!

When I look back on the other giant knights who have smashed my skull in, it kinda makes me wish that guy was a just statue

-long range attacks at the ready-

Offline koexd

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 05:39:54 pm »
Is this a first person like kings field or third person like dark/demon souls?? Also would like to ask if this was made with SoM, because the graphics and textures look veeerrrrrrry playstaion 2 or 3ish?  Are these just upgraded textures and mods to SoM to make everythng look HD orrrr.....?  more info please, very interested in this if its first person.   Looks almost like shadow tower abyss, which was my favorite if only because of the swinging mechanic they used on the right joystick.  Also whats the progress on this?  20? 30% done? Whats your time frame roughly?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 08:27:48 am »
At this point the game is now running in 3rd person with a camera rig similar to dark souls...I just couldn't get the tight combat, fixed targetting and combat rolls etc out of 1st person cam.  A hybrid that allows both options may be something I consider down the road when I am satisfied with the gameplay, so don't rule it out just yet!

This game is being built on the Unity platform, and hopefully will be on par with PS3 or better when I am done with it - it will be running in 1080p and targetted for PC, Xboxone and PS4 releases...pending dev kits and costs of course.

Progress?  Well, thats a good question.  I have a majority of the graphical assets I need to make the game, music and sound are also covered at this point.  So the game concept etc is fleshed out but there is still an enormous amount of work to go, it definitely won't see beta testing until sometime next year.
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »
I'm a bit sad to see it go 3rd person, but I think your reasoning is why most games have dropped 1st person. 1st person suits exploration and immersion while 3rd person is more combat oriented.

But, is it possible that using 3rd person will make your game get less noticed amid a sea of other similar titles?