Author Topic: KF Additional  (Read 2880 times)

Offline sdufore

• Dagger Carrier
KF Additional
« on: January 26, 2009, 12:11:09 pm »
Has anyone played any of the KF Additional games on the PSP?  If so, are they any good?  Also, does anyone know if they have been translated to English?

Offline MasterOtogi

• Bow Bearer
KF Additional
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:26:31 am »
The KF additional games are vastly different than the console titles.
Thier not 3D or real time.
As far as if they are good or not they may be ok but thier not at all like the console titles.
I don't know if theres any translations avalible.
If you want more kings field then try some of the SOM (sword of moonlight) games thier pretty good & most of them play just like the console games.
And you dont need much of a pc to run them & they have controller support as well.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
KF Additional
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 03:33:20 pm »
The Additionals play very much like the Wizardry game series (except for  Wizardry 8 which used a different formula). Their artistic style is very similar to Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land (PS2).

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
KF Additional
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:00:45 am »
I always thought this was a really odd decision. Though I've never actually played one of the additional titles (I'm generally portable-phobic, but I import whenever possible... only the newer region-free consoles have ever given me enough reason to buy games outside Japan's market) ...and I've always like Wizardry in theory (though I've yet to finish one -- I actually have all of the classic titles in Japanese through 5 or 7 -- the boxes/manuals are better than the games!!) ....it seems like KF would be the perfect sort of series to live on in portable form (even though it completely kills the whole immersive first person aspect -- but hell if I can get a portable to output to a TV I'll think about it) the way series like Castlevania have thrived on portables. KF certaintly doesn't do anything a PSP like portable can't do in spades, and the rough lofi graphics of KF are pretty much a staple I think.

When news spread about a PSP KF game, everyone thought it would just be a KF2 port/remake or something. But what we got is probably even worse. Something that doesn't even look or play like KF (a guaranteed black sheep more or less)

Speaking of which, I wish people would stop saying Demons' Souls (or whatever the s/apostrophe combination is) is the spiritual successor of KF. I'm glad to see DS, because it proves From' is working on contemporary generation assets in the pseudo medieval motif of KF. But it is no way a substitute, or even a supplement as far as I'm concerned. It's obviously so radically different, it's like calling Frame Gride or whatever that game (I ever meant to try) was called a successor to KF or AC (speaking of which, I wonder if there was a Moonlight in that game??)

Offline MasterOtogi

• Bow Bearer
KF Additional
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:19 pm »
Quote from: HolyDiver
I always thought this was a really odd decision. Though I've never actually played one of the additional titles (I'm generally portable-phobic, but I import whenever possible... only the newer region-free consoles have ever given me enough reason to buy games outside Japan's market) ...and I've always like Wizardry in theory (though I've yet to finish one -- I actually have all of the classic titles in Japanese through 5 or 7 -- the boxes/manuals are better than the games!!) ....it seems like KF would be the perfect sort of series to live on in portable form (even though it completely kills the whole immersive first person aspect -- but hell if I can get a portable to output to a TV I'll think about it) the way series like Castlevania have thrived on portables. KF certaintly doesn't do anything a PSP like portable can't do in spades, and the rough lofi graphics of KF are pretty much a staple I think.

When news spread about a PSP KF game, everyone thought it would just be a KF2 port/remake or something. But what we got is probably even worse. Something that doesn't even look or play like KF (a guaranteed black sheep more or less)

Speaking of which, I wish people would stop saying Demons' Souls (or whatever the s/apostrophe combination is) is the spiritual successor of KF. I'm glad to see DS, because it proves From' is working on contemporary generation assets in the pseudo medieval motif of KF. But it is no way a substitute, or even a supplement as far as I'm concerned. It's obviously so radically different, it's like calling Frame Gride or whatever that game (I ever meant to try) was called a successor to KF or AC (speaking of which, I wonder if there was a Moonlight in that game??)

Funny you mention the wizardy series i always felt that the 1st2 KF games were like wizardy but real time as i see KF3 being a bit more like the console rpgs by putting more emphasis on story.

In case you didnt know the PSP starting with the slim has the ability to output sound & video to a tv & supports up to componet cables.
I need to get a psp slim i have both additional games but nothing to play them on.

Speaking of which, I wish people would stop saying Demons' Souls (or whatever the s/apostrophe combination is) is the spiritual successor of KF.

That comes from a statement released by Fromsoft.
Thats why its often mentioned.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: KF Additional
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 02:31:16 pm »
Ok, I beat King's Field Additional I.  I also got the "Clear Data" needed for a file convert - if anyone wants it, let me know.

I've also submitted this little gem to GameFAQs. 

Heh, I've gotten a couple e-mails in regards to my Additional II walkthrough on GameFAQs too.  ^_^
YAY!!!!

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.