Author Topic: King's Field 20th Anniversary  (Read 8599 times)

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: King's Field 20th Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:28 am »
Sorry, been experimenting trying to make the game load different textures, guess I forgot to post here.

I've been working on textures etc, it's easy to do textures for the enemy files in KFJ, since it uses a 8-BPP image, and there's only 8 different textures.

I've still been having trouble with your KF-Tool, it seems it doesn't like the PAL copies of the games or something, any attempt to replace the images just breaks the game... Also there's so many duplicate files in the game, that I'm not exactly sure which ones are used...

Also, I've been working on a small tool which will help in re-writing all the dialogues/fixing translation errors, which lets you write a sentence and have it render into the king's field font. Not sure if anyone wants it when it's done, for SoM games etc.
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
    • My Own King's Field Fan Site!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:38 am »
Please add a text-editor. I wanna make Turkish translations of the games

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:28 pm »
The 're-insert' process is very simple. It just reads the image and the palette from the TIM and inserts them at the given locations. If you look at the inserted image/palette, you should be able to see what is going wrong. If you extract an image and reinsert it without editing, you should be able to compare the before and after ISOs and see what is going wrong.

I mentioned in another thread that I had found a quirk in some of my code that produced write bugs on Unicode systems. I think I had already fixed my programming method, when I made the tool, but it could be an issue.

Sorry it's be a nuisance  :smash2:

knighTeen87, Nice to see you! The PS1 King's Field games mostly use graphics files for their text. You should be able translate them into Turkish with a simple TIM editor. The menu text might be more problematic. how many letters are in the Turkish Alphabet?

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:04 am »
thank you man. it's nice to see you also. there are total of 29 letters in Turkish alphabet. some of them like "ç, ş, ö, ğ, ü" are not included in yours. But i can do an acceptable translation without those ones, just like my Clock Tower and Final Fantasy translations :)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:30 am »
I have a Turkish friend, who speaks fluent English and can help you if you get really stuck.  :smile:

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:59:43 am »
I'll release the 'text-editor' next week once I'm sure it's working correctly.

However, since it'll be outputting images, you'll have to do the task of replacing the files with the image the tool outputs.

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 03:40:47 am »
I have a Turkish friend, who speaks fluent English and can help you if you get really stuck.  :smile:

thank you so much, but i think i can handle this. I WANT TO HANDLE THIS :) Cuz it was like a dream to me: Translating a KF game to Turkish :)

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 01:11:47 pm »
Been a while since I've replied to this; I have been doing work though in-between other things. Here's a screenshot of a re-textured King's Field 1 intro. :)

It's not really much, since I'm not good at creating textures. I hope it's enough though, since the rest is in raw .tim files at the moment.

The actual launcher for the entire project is under construction still too.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 03:34:14 pm »
Wow, no clue how you figured out this stuff, but its sweet, keep it up!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 03:54:49 pm »
I stared at that opening long enough during the translation to see how much it's improved. Nice.