Author Topic: Door Edits Request  (Read 7480 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Door Edits Request
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:56 pm »
The PRF files have the MDL name and "editor name"written internally so you'll have to open one in a hex editor and replace the old MDL name with the new one, and the "editor name" to something unique (ie "Door UpDown 3 Stone" > "Door Small Hidden 1"). Save the modified PRF under a new name and it should show up in the parameter editor.  If you haven't used a Hex editor before, I recommend HXD.

The CP files just need to have the same name as their MDL (ie door1.mdl + door1.cp).

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »
The SOM toolset actually comes with HXD :tongue:. I used it and was able to get the door to work right in SOM :biggrin:. There is one more problem though that I don't understand, the top section of the new door is cut off. My guess is that it's treating black as a transparent color, is there any way to fix this?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:30:04 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »
If your map doesn't have any outdoor areas that need a sky, setting "sky" to "none" in the map editor should stop the black transparency. Otherwise, you would need to edit the black in the image's palette to off-black (ie RGB = 8 etc). You can usually do that in a photo editor with something like a "color replacer" or "palette edit" tool.

The black transparency is a built in texture masking feature, but it does tend to get in the way. :tongue:

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:24 pm »
I think I've got everything I need now, thanks for your help guys. :smile:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112