Author Topic: Game-Ending Glitch?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Game-Ending Glitch?
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:19:05 pm »
This might be nothing, but I think I broke Dark Destiny. :smash2:

I was exploring a mountainous area behind a secret door in the West Shore and came up to a lava-filled area just past it where I saw a pedestal for a water gem, but when I opened my inventory, the water gem that I had picked up earlier was gone. Now I can't get back down the mountain and I see no way to proceed forward. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:21:04 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Game-Ending Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:15:47 am »
The water gem you found gave you magic, the one that goes into this pedastal is a special key you will eventually find ;)

If you watched the lets play episodes, do you recall where he couldnt get up the trees in the pixie forest?  Well if you try to climb the rocks by the first tree you can get up there to that elevator device...that leads to another large area with lots of water...maybe if you used the aquarion boots where prompted in that new area you might find a way to what youre looking for...
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:52:14 am »
Ok, so I didn't break the game. :biggrin:

Opened up the game again to do some exploring and found a ledge that was hiding to the side of the lake where the dragon was. :doh: Didn't see it before, so I didn't think there would be any way back.

Great game so far! I really like the 3D metroidvania level design, that kind of stuff is what keeps me hooked on games like these.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:19:54 am »
I read your youtube replies, I can likely stick another object under the stairs to try and keep it from happening, but doing so will break all the save games for prior versions of the game...I may do it anyhow.

The annoying thing is its hard to understand why those stairs dont work 100% of the time...I use them in other areas of the game no problem, believe it or not it actually has to do with the fact they are facing a certain direction...it makes no sense but if I turned them 90 degrees you could walk up and down them all day...

I think what I will actually do is just remove them entirely and build a walkable ramp out of map pieces instead.  SOM does not play well with objects used as floors/stairs...it handles the collision much better with map pieces.

Go figure :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder