Author Topic: King's Field Add-ons  (Read 7131 times)

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: King's Field Add-ons
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 05:47:27 pm »
The 2nd sword from the right was a failed attempt at making the Bastard Sword... I added it in, plus the alternate Mace as "Bonus" stuff. I'll probably re-package them into a "Bonus" pack when I have a few more fails, and other weapons to fill the space.
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:23:28 pm »
I like it. In a lot of games the weapons look too perfect. The asymmetry gives it character.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »
Whilest remaking the homepage for the site, I tinked around with the old addons page that wasnt working and got it back up :D

http://swordofmoonlight.com/SOMTools/Addons/index.php

I would like to try to get all the new stuff that has been deposited on this site since then (probably a couple years since its worked) so we have a central place for folks to download addons and helpers etc rather than spending hours searching for the stuff on the forums.

I am going to make a separate post with a list of what i find, and cross out the ones I add as they become available.  I am doubtful I will use the old addon site as it is quite clunky, but I will look into some better means to create a gallery for everyone's work.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 05:04:24 pm »
Addons are a hard thing to tackle. For example, some of my early models are so bad they are not worth including, and there are several good models floating around (like the ones in this thread) that are not scaled/converted to SoM format. I'm not quite sure what is the best way to sort everything out,  but I've been trying to collect new addons as they are posted.

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »
With scaling and converting, if I can get a SoM model in .OBJ/.MS3D (Pretty much anything Milkshape3D can import) format to use as reference for scaling, and I can find a program that'll convert to MQO, I'll make them like that by default... There's still the texture issue though, unless you're fine with just a UV map to make your own textures, or just polygon shading...

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 05:39:08 pm »
The attached OBJ ends up as a "2 meter" square in a game.  For reference, the picture shows a default bed and barrel object placed on such a 2x2m square as it would appear ingame. 

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 09:13:00 am »
Alright, awesome -- Thanks!

For others who use MS3D, set your grid size to 'five' if you want to use SoM measurements... In other words, 5 MS3D meters = 1 SoM meter.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:26:44 am by TheStolenBattenberg »