Author Topic: Shadow Tower SOM - General Discussion  (Read 44045 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Shadow Tower Remake
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2013, 08:17:55 pm »
Ah I think I know what you mean actually, I was thinking Hwtvlf could set you up an opening door event that when activated, had a door that opened and the black screen and warp appears with a timer; like in ST. Just a thought  :wink:

Anyway heres some more progress; about 6 hours again. Just got the tomb section to finish and thats the Solitary set done... I actually keep looking over the models in game and tweaking them... Which means converting them via the CMD. Anyway I didnt stop 'til the altar was fully built.
That relief of a lady in the game bothered me when I knew I would have to replicate it. However, it took alot less time than I expected - probably only 1-2 hours to draw from scratch. I would have just used a stock photo, but this is the ST remake, man! Its a homage to the fans, and a homage to From Software. So it needs to be right  :wink:

Thanks for that screenshot, I was able to finish that piece tonight.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:20:56 pm by Verdite »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2013, 09:51:06 am »
Cunes finished. Just put the model contents into your item folder, and it'l work as a currency drop from enemies. To use it as an item, you can locate "Coin (1) gold" in your parameter editor  :smile:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:53:37 am by Verdite »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2013, 03:53:05 pm »
Finished off the burial section. Now all thats left to do is the cave, which will be interesting, having the two tier floor piece for the 'secret tunnel' beneath the gravestone.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »
My gosh, this project is looking great! How is the map building progress going?

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2013, 05:50:01 pm »
Good stuff Verdite, those tombs turned out well. Thanks for the cune too, I like it. :smile:

My grandfather died a couple of weeks ago so I haven't had much time to work on the maps lately. I'm just now getting back into it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:54:19 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2013, 06:30:08 pm »
Im pleased you like it. The first set is 95% finished objects and all, all I need now is your confirmation of the grave locations in the cave, and I also need to know the estimated tile amount used for the 'secret tunnel' beneath the gravestone then build the remainder then pack up the huge amount of pieces and send it over. Ive actually remade the whole first level, so that I could get a better idea of what goes where.

So with the graves in case you are wondering, ive set them up so that the skeletons can go inside, that means having a grave map piece instead of an object. So there are three objects used too... The left sliding panel and the right (that open to reveal) and the headstone. I havent done the prfs for the objects yet - 5 hours is enough building for tonight  :smile:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:32:32 pm by Verdite »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2013, 07:23:44 pm »
You have sincere condolences MasterTaffer. My grandfather died a number of years ago but he lived a good life and left behind a legacy that has comforted and guided me many times. I think of him often and am inspired to try to be a better person.

To grand dads  :beerchug:

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2013, 11:40:47 am »
Looks perfect Verdite. I was wondering about the skeletons, would I make them appear in the same way that the mummy appears on the first floor in the sample game?
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2013, 01:34:09 pm »
Well the holes are deep enough to stand in, so an enemy could emerge from the hole, when you 'activate' the sliding door event you can also have the enemy appear. Then, the enemy will 'trigger' and stand up.

Hidden world nearly finished. Hope to have it done by tonight...

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2013, 02:23:35 pm »
Been feeling burnt out today so I put together a short video for this great project.

Youtube clip