Author Topic: Shadow Tower SOM - General Discussion  (Read 44801 times)

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: Shadow Tower Remake
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »
Very nice track TheStolenBattenberg, would you mind if I used it in the project? I think it'd make great title screen music.

Here's a quick test video that shows off the unique horror atmosphere that the lighting and other assets create in the fire world. Note that nothing on display here is final (or finished). :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObRBF4PrCcI
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:46:43 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline TheStolenBattenberg

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: Shadow Tower Remake
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2014, 08:54:56 pm »
Uh, sure thing I guess. I'll have to remix it in such a case, since I was being lazy at the time, thus it doesn't look and there's a few out of place parts.

That world looks cool, I feel like crap now but I actually got scared by the dying, had volume way too loud!.. :3
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust...
Honor to glory; And iron to rust.
Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall.
If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
Re: Shadow Tower SOM - General Discussion
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »
Just a quick update to let you all know that this project is still in motion.

I'm almost done with the map remakes. Shadow Tower is a difficult game to recreate in SOM because the map pieces are built on a different grid system, but I've managed. Most of the maps I've completed so far look very close to the original game.

Right now I'm waiting for Verdite to get back from his vacation, but expect to see some new screenshots very soon. :wink:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2014, 06:33:48 pm »
This project now has a news section and facebook page, all future updates will be posted on both.

Shadow Tower SOM - News: http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=781.0

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shadow-Tower-SOM/209256152598347
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline knighTeen87

• Bow Bearer
    • My Own King's Field Fan Site!
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2014, 03:37:32 am »
Firstly I want to congratulate you for a project like this. I'm really looking forward to it. I have a couple requests about the remake also :)

1) In the original version, equipments were wearing off extremely fast. Please fix this.
2) Please use a couple of music pieces as a soundtrack, It really adds to atmosphere
3) There was a monster in area that paralyzes you and it was paralyzing you over and over again while you are paralyzed. Please fix stupid stucking problems like this.

Keep up the good work!

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:50 am »
Already answered your questions on facebook, but I guess I'll do it here too. :tongue:

1 - This game is being made in Sword of Moonlight, and durability simply isn't an option, so you won't have to worry about it.
2 - The game will have it's own original soundtrack composed by Ben aka Verdite. They are atmospheric tunes that will serve to emphasize the horror atmosphere that we're going for.
3 - The paralyze status is nowhere near as frustratingly cheap in the SOM engine. It won't happen when nearby enemies either, but rather from enemy projectiles.
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »
I was going to ask how this project was coming, but I checked your link to the Faceboob page and saw it's on hold.  :crying:

It was looking really neat so I hope you two pick it up when the time is right.  :beerchug:

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2014, 03:21:24 pm »
Yeah, we'll likely be starting this back up sometime in June or July, I want to have it finished before October.

And, I did decide to do a remake of KF3 afterwards, so you can look forward to that. :wink:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:26:34 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »
Faceboob

That sounds so comfortable...  :beerchug:

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2014, 11:53:07 am »
No durability?

Interesting. Most of Shadow Tower's mechanics were based around durability. Even the magic rings broke, making casting very complicated at low levels.