Author Topic: Fall of Verdite [Full Game]  (Read 18213 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Fall of Verdite [Full Game]
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 07:45:23 am »
While I cant play this on my machine right now I intend to try it out on my laptop when I have time - all I can say for now is... It looks really good, and HwtVlf is a very honest guy about games - so any good words from him are gold.  :smile:

Nice to see you around too, makes me feel less lonely - one more on the SOM wagon!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 10:20:03 am »
Awesome, I will play this tonight!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »
Wow, this is really nicely made!

I hadnt read all of your description before starting to play, and immediately I said to myself...this REALLY feels like the castle verdite....and of course it is!  I love how the first guy you meet mentions Endt...nicely recreated.  I haven't quite finished yet, but I must say this is a fitting and very well made transition from KF2 to KF3.  I love this!  Well done.

Who did your music?  I really like it alot, the very first tune reminds me alot of Gauntlet 4 for the genesis...quality stuff!
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 04:34:58 pm »
Man playing your game makes me realize how terribly done my Verdite castle is in DD lol.  I tried to get relatively close, but yours is spot on...I have to admit, Im quite embarrassed to see how easily you constructed that double layer room with the dragons on the first floor, the one with the balcony areas.  I never had a clue how to use those pieces properly ( I think Tom did it in DOM also properly) but man i would have made my life in some maps so much easier.

This is really a great game.  I have explored all of 1f and B1f, now its time to go face off with the king I suppose ;)

Love it!  Thank you so much for making this.  When I redo the main page of the site, would you mind if I added a section highlighting your game?
Site Founder

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 10:53:05 pm »
Thanks for playing - Sorry to disappoint, but there unfortunately isn't a final boss :sadani:. I'd need a custom made King Alexander enemy for that. If you or anybody else would like to make me one, I'll gladly add it in the next update.

When I made the maps, I actually counted the tiles in King's Field 2 to get the scale just right, that's why it looks so spot-on. I plan on using a simular method for the Shadow Tower remake that I'm now working on. 

The music is from the sample game folder, they are unused tracks from the King's Field remake I think.

You can feature my game if you'd like. It doesn't have a logo or anything yet though, so let me know if you need one.

Lastly, I'm currently working on DOM right now and was going to play your game afterwards, looking forward to it. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:39:48 pm by MasterTaffer »
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 12:10:23 am »
I would donate to the cause if an avid model maker would be willing to make the horsehead enemy, the floor demon (the head and hands guy) and a Jean Alfred model for this project.  Honestly a model rip from the games could be possible, they would likely only need a texture upgrade and a reboning/animating to get them in the game.

I hate to throw my hands up and say 'not me' but I really am quite sucky at the modelling stuff, I would hate to try to make something and have it fall utterly short of what is required to make it look spot on as everything else is.  If Ben had free time though, I would be willing to pay him to do that for you :P

Id like to add this game to my KF collection I have building up, IMO its damn good even if it is short.  I love canon stuff, and the spirit of this game is spot on.  Anything I could do to help you get it 100% complete to your vision just ask!

With that said, I am off to traverse the final area!
Site Founder

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 12:40:59 am »
There is actually an NPC I used that kinda resembles King Alfred, King (2), maybe he could be given a shiny new Dark Slayer sword and attack animations. :biggrin:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 12:46:28 am »
Finished.

Thank you very much for this, I hate to admit it, but it brought me sort of water eyed to finish the game, Alexander is my favorite game hero of all time (even got my wife to agree to name our first born alexander or a female equivalent), it saddens me a great deal to know From Software abandoned this series...I guess SOM is a wonderful going away present as it allows the true fans to still relive the old games with the proper feel and gameplay.

Your attention to detail is remarkable, I literally felt like I was playing the end of KF3 as I walked down those last few hallways to certain doom.  A long time ago HolyDiver had said he would love to see a full KF3 remake, block for block, using the som tool, I think you proved it could be done.  I hope he gives this a try.

I am sorry if I sound fruity getting so dramatic about it, but KF and SOM have changed my life...making my first game with the toolset inspired me to change my life and go out on my own to make video games for a living.  Unfortunately at my current situation, I am stuck working on games that cater to the average buyer, rather than games that inspire me and that I would love to play...but I am a far way along to my ultimate goal of being able to work on only things I love and have passion for someday.

Your game, as all SOM made games do, inspires me.  Please take my sincere thanks for finishing a full and complete, well made game.  It brought joy to me more than any AAA title has in the past 2 decades.

I look forward to any other works you plan to make :)
Site Founder

Offline JC Bailey

• Keeper
  • Administrator
  • Decked in Promeus
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 01:01:55 am »
You're welcome. :smile:

I hope you'll be glad to hear that I have been strongly considering doing a full remake of King's Field III in the SOM editor, but I'm not even going to think about it until I finish my current project with Verdite, which is a Shadow Tower remake. If you'd like to know more about it, we've been posting lots of stuff in this thread: http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=730.msg9832#new

Just posted some of the games first few recreated maps too. :biggrin:
🎮 Indie RPG developer.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:22 am »
SWEET!

Yep I have been following your ST thread, can't wait to see it :)
Site Founder