Author Topic: SQS random thoughts  (Read 6251 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: SQS random thoughts
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 07:56:13 am »
Agree with what John said, though I do think that light and dark modes would be better for libra - having balance.

Instead of a mirror that reflects, it might be better to have a cloudy mirror that reacts when the player touches it, so if the player has been good, they'l see something positive, and bad they will see something negative.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 11:11:55 am »
Great ideas guys.. This gives me some ideas so thanks you both :-)   happy belated birthday as well John..... 
I like your idea of of balance Ben, for Libra.  I am a Libra , I got the theme for him.... His chamber is going to be a huge hall of justice themed chamber.... With a small prison, and huge scales used as obstacles, to reach certain spots in the level.... I hope I can incorporate a jump feature by then..... To add a little skill....

Oh Ben on an unrelated issue?   Can the jump distance be adjusted or is it a constant... And is the jump realistic or more like a Mario style jump?      Oh yeah I still want that fire fountain, can't use it right now, but in fireworld I am sure I can find many places for it:-) .........thanks again guys.... And any further suggestions are welcomed......... ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 01:01:23 pm »
"Can the jump distance be adjusted or is it a constant"

Basically everything can be adjusted to how far / high you can jump to how far down you squat, theres also a 'sneak' function which allows you to crouch and move, so you can crawl around in small tunnels if you want. Theres also a manual input of jumping, pressing the G key on the keyboard (not controller friendly) whereas the auto jump is activated after releasing the space bar key when dashing, or squatting while standing (space bar again) to the lowest point, holding forwards, then releasing.

You can adjust the players height, adjust their shoulder width, adjust how the arm extends in front of you, and even mess around with gravity (seriously)

http://en.swordofmoonlight.org/wiki/Sword_of_Moonlight_Extension_Library/list_of_extensions#Player

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 02:05:56 am »
Just a check in, don't want no one to think I disappeared again :-)  progress slowed a little due to my upcoming move to new house soon:-)   can't wait :-)  but won't slow me too much, been adding mhm data to some map pieces lately...It reminds me of how much i hate mhm models.... Got one that has stumped me for 3 days now...... I swear if Ihave to type  . " x2mhm.exe m1ldoor01mhm.x " one more freaking time....  :smash2:  anyway glad I got that out of my system :-)    will post as progress ensues :-)    ..............ML

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 02:43:29 am »
Hope your move goes well. I think moves can almost be therapeutic; clear the cobwebs out!
Maybe you've already tried it, but I made a front-end for the converter tools (x2mhm etc) and it's posted in the tools section here.  It might save you some conversion typing effort. If there's a problem with it that makes it not work well, please let me know. I try to make my tools user friendly, but I've never gotten much feedback so I don't really know if they work well for others.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »
I can help you with MHM Joe.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 01:13:09 am »
Hello all, can't wait to get this move over with only a few weeks left.... Wife packed my computer goodies :-( 

So won't work again till September..... Writing this on my tablet..... Oh well guess it will give me time to think of ideas... .... Man I wish my tablet could run SOM.  Quad core ARM processor, can't compete with an old single core x86 I tell ya.... Think I will use this tablet time to replay kings field 2 , my tablet is great for that.... Runs ps1 games way better than they run on my ps3 and looks better too? With great vid plugins almost like playing an enhanced version and my ps3 controller works like a charm on it as well, thank goodness for Bluetooth eh?...............ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:52 am »
Its cool that you are using your PS3 controller with bluetooth. Ive got mine linked up via USB and it works great.

Sometimes its nice to look at how similar games implement stuff, like in KF you can get alot of inspiration. Take it easy  :smile:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 09:34:12 pm »
M.L. are you still around?