The Water Cooler > The Artistic Fan

Reaper sculpture

(1/2) > >>

HwitVlf:
Just came across this photo of a sculpture I did of a Reaper a while back. Their description says they "eat their victims whole", but they don't appear to have a mouth. So I did this to answer where on earth their mouth was! It's supposed to be a tounge licking a skull in the lower pic.

Is anyone still in contact with Martin? He sure did a lot of fun King's Field art.

Holy_Diver:
I wonder how hard it would be to convert something like that into a 3D model. I reckon a lot of people would rather sculpt than muck around with modeling software. I am kind of surprised the big bucks companies don't model everything in the game and scan it all in already.

Anyway. I'd hate to be a full time 3D modeler. But sculptor, that might not be so insufferable. I don't know if it would work for CGI movies though, since they don't use polygons. But I reckon polygons to parametric surface conversion software is pretty good nowadays.

HwitVlf:
I think rigging, texturing, facial expressions and such are the biggest part of making a model. I don't know if sculpture scanning would save much time to a game studio.

dmpdesign:
I have some of Martin's art on an old backup drive, I will load it up sometime when I come across it...a great shame he isnt around anymore.

Verdite:
This is really nice John. What material is it? Looks like clay but you've done such a good job of the trunk that it looks wooden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version