Author Topic: Dark souls screenshots  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Dark souls screenshots
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »
Took these Dark Souls screenshots this year, PC version.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: Dark souls screenshots
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:44 am »
It's so insecure. I expect to look down and see a codpiece molded onto an improbably large set of genitals.

I like clean simple designs. I know we have a history of hyper accessorizing not just in overdone movies and video games, but to a less extent within the historical record. But I don't think it works visually. In video games and bad movies it can be worse. Details are crammed into everywhere you look just so that nothing is never not detailed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:28:36 am by Holy Diver »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:16:31 am »
Those screens bring some memories (mostly of repeatedly dying  ha ha). That dragon on the bridge caused me more grief!

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 01:19:04 am »
Those screens bring some memories (mostly of repeatedly dying  ha ha). That dragon on the bridge caused me more grief!

I think maybe I am the only person on the planet who dealt with that dragon the way you are supposed to. Basically he is setup so you can fight him like a scene from a movie. You lure him to stairs that lead down into the bridge.

And then he will start flying back and forth razing the bridge so you can just fire arrows up from the steps into his stomach. Shoot them as fast as you can and most will hit their mark. Then he retreats and begins to heal up. So you shoot at him until you see that he isn't going to do anything, and that's your cue to run beneath him.

Every other strategy doesn't sound like any kind of game that anyone would design. And no one seemed to be aware of this simple strategy when I reported it and added it to one of the wikis. I call it the natural resolution. Every other approach is just one form of exploiting the nonsense rules of video games or another.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:30:09 am »
I like the magic user strategy personally, with Dark Bead (from the expansion) he is a push over.  Lower him to half health with the arrow technique you describe then when he lands blast him twice with Dark Bead and hes done.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:40:51 am »
I like the magic user strategy personally, with Dark Bead (from the expansion) he is a push over.  Lower him to half health with the arrow technique you describe then when he lands blast him twice with Dark Bead and hes done.

But that isn't a natural resolution. It's the furthest thing from it. I was referring to opening the area behind him up. Which you can do at a relatively early point of the game as soon as you have a half decent bow. It reminds of The Hobbit cartoon. Or my vague memories of it.

EDITED: Anyway. Every description of this guy on the internet before I mentioned this, like years after the game was released, talk about this dragon as if he's the last thing in the game to do. That's very misleading. With the right starting class you can tackle him as soon as you see him. Although a little padding would make it less risky. Time waste wise.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:42:55 am by Holy Diver »