Author Topic: need help from Holy Diver and verdite plz  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
need help from Holy Diver and verdite plz
« on: June 21, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »
hey guys, I would like a little bit of help from you guys if I could. I never really got the SOMex to work last time.... But I want to really give the extension a real test, and I want to play the Rathmore for one, and two some of the features I read about look real good. Like the Jump feature, I would love to use it for the last two worlds in SSQ.

So Holy Diver, I have an winXP pro Sp3 set up... I installed the dx9 package from your link. (Thank you by the way),

I downloaded the latest SOMex DLL version 1.7 I think. It's one my desktop. now please forgive me sir, but what exactly do I do with the DLL.is there any other type of setup package to install the EX features, I never seemed to get it working before. I know that you're very busy guy but could you give me a walkthrough on how to setup the EX program.  if you are too busy or don't feel like writing a walkthrough, then it's no problem for Ben to give me a walkthrough. He said that he would do it after all, I just wanted the walk through from you since you are the author of the extensions. I hope you don't mind.

the only other information that I might be able to give that is useful, is that I downloaded Rathmore and I understand that that is preinstalled with your extensions. I even notice that there was an EX folder, the version of the SOMex DLL
was 1.5.  anyway I copied the folders to my desktop, then I tried to run the game. It seems to open up in a window, it acts like it wants to run and then the program force closes. Any suggestions fellows? Thank you for your time in advance I hope that you're able to help me get your extensions to run correctly I'm very excited about using them :-) Thank you so much...............................ML

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: need help from Holy Diver and verdite plz
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 12:40:15 am »
The page with the link to the D3DX9 libraries is a walk through. That's the only help I can offer. It's not that I am busy. I just have other things to attend to.

My backup computer is XP SP3. So that shouldn't give you any problems.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:15:37 am »
Message understood Thank you

................................................................. ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:06:56 am »
Ill sort everything out for you Joe. Ill PM you the specifics. :cool:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:03:36 pm »
Please post the solution when you guys find it. It might help others too.

When I tried Rathmor the demo, I discovered Ex wouldn't run through sandbox software. So you might check if you have an anti-virus software with auto-sandbox running.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
Whenever I try to run a SOM game, my bullguard gives me a warning and suspends the game.exe until I tell it not to quarantine it.