Author Topic: Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?  (Read 159795 times)

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
Re: Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:21 am »
Wow
I was Re-checking in google if somebody finished that brigandine Ge semi-translation lots years ago and I found your work today.
Nice to see true rpg lovers  :ninja:
In the brigandine lof There's a bug playing in psp and other emulatos. You can only choose iscalio or the game resets. Im happy to see this translation by you. I hope playing bigandine Ge in my psp or xperia play thanks to you bro :movingeyes:

Thanks you!!!!

Ps: sorry bad english  :biggrin:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2013, 04:36:13 pm »
I didn't know that LoF had that same problem on the PSP. The PSP's PS1 emulator was made by Sony, so if it has the same problem as fan-made emulators, I suspect the fault is in LoF itself. I seem to remember ePSXe produces an "out of bounds" error when the problem happens; I wonder if anyone has tried to track down the issue and fix it. It might be something simple.  :confused:

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2013, 12:31:30 pm »
I didn't know that LoF had that same problem on the PSP. The PSP's PS1 emulator was made by Sony, so if it has the same problem as fan-made emulators, I suspect the fault is in LoF itself. I seem to remember ePSXe produces an "out of bounds" error when the problem happens; I wonder if anyone has tried to track down the issue and fix it. It might be something simple.  :confused:

Hey bro

So the problem is with lof and not the emulators. I never found nothing in google about a fix to this problem.
Btw
Did you start from zero in ur translation or pick up the ancient translation to update from time to time?

thanks

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2013, 06:04:28 pm »
It's just an educated guess that the flaw is in LoF rather than the emulators. I don't know for sure. I have seen such errors happen when a game does something in a flawed way, like trying to read data from an illegal location. The original hardware may have ignore the illegal command and continued whereas the emulator tries to actually enact the command and thus produces an error. If so, it might be easy to fix by modifying the LoF image.

This translation was done from scratch and does not rely on any of the content from the older patches. I didn't do most of the work in the old v0.5 patch. It had text swapped in from LoF which was inaccurate for GE. Also the method used for English support was inefficient and incomplete. I wanted to make sure it was done well so I started over.

Offline Prevch

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2013, 05:51:27 pm »
It's just an educated guess that the flaw is in LoF rather than the emulators. I don't know for sure. I have seen such errors happen when a game does something in a flawed way, like trying to read data from an illegal location. The original hardware may have ignore the illegal command and continued whereas the emulator tries to actually enact the command and thus produces an error. If so, it might be easy to fix by modifying the LoF image.

This translation was done from scratch and does not rely on any of the content from the older patches. I didn't do most of the work in the old v0.5 patch. It had text swapped in from LoF which was inaccurate for GE. Also the method used for English support was inefficient and incomplete. I wanted to make sure it was done well so I started over.

Well we all can't wait to see your awesome work. I'm sure quests will be a large undertaking, but well worth the effort.

thanks again!

P.S. Iscalio has everything that's coming to them

Offline duredure

• Silvarion Slasher
  • Die Pigs
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2013, 10:27:11 am »
there's more quests in ge than lof?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2013, 05:53:57 pm »
I am not sure because I don't remember how many quests were in LoF for sure. GE has extra knight quests at least.

Offline davpolitics

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2013, 12:19:05 am »
Totally random that I stumbled upon this forum...Bored at work and looking at upcoming games had me thinking how much I miss REAL quality games. I knew Grand Edition existed, but never even realized it had Multiplayer. Me and my brother have been in love with this game since release, and to find out we could play together...I stopped reading and immediately called him. Conversation went something like this:

me -"Brigandine Grand Edition has multiplayer and I found a translation"
bro - "Hold on mom this is really important I'll be back in a minute....dude seriously?"
me - "Yeah. We need to d/l this now!"
bro - "Yeah totally, thanks for letting me know!"

Sorry I though it was entertaining...We have probably spent 1000s of combined hours playing and watching each other play...Can't even imagine how many times we've played through that game...

Anyway I wanted to log in and say thank you for being so dedicated to a game that so many don't even know exists and that never got the appreciation it deserved. Honestly, if I were a game designer I would totally be thinking of ways to make this type of game for a mobile device...That and Fantasy Empires...Imagine a game like these and getting a message on your phone saying "its your turn"...fog of war, etc...so awesome.

Since you all seem to have GE in some form or another, do you guys use emulators to play it or do you have the actual disc? I own a copy of Forsena and me and my brother use emulators quite a bit. Any advice on where to get the game and also where is the most recent patch you have for the translation and how do you go about using said translation?

Thanks for all the help and the incredible undertaking!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »
Thank you much davpolitics for the encouragement! To answer your questions, I have not released a patch for the work shown in this thread yet, but there is an old partial translation that contains the work of a few different people (specifically Whatever, FFaddict, and myself) which is available HERE. It is a PPF patch file and is applied to a disk image of the game with a tool like PPF-O-Matic.

I actually bought BGE for $150 off ebay back when there weren't many Japanese imports on ebay. These days you can find it for considerably less with a little patience. The only other source for the translation compatible version of the game is piracy (GARRRHHH Them what dies 'll be the lucky ones!!!) in which case probably a simple google search?

Once you have a patched backup copy, you can play it on an emulator, a modded PS1/PSP, or probably any other device with a PS1 emulator, but the procedure will differ depending on which system you use.

Offline Prevch

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2014, 01:25:31 pm »
Hey Hw,
Just anted to check in and see how it's going?

How was your Christmas?