Author Topic: Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?  (Read 160224 times)

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
Re: Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2013, 05:06:20 pm »
understand about what the injection was discussed. Hmmm, asembeler. Yes there will be hard to write a program. Right now, the company hired again by the programmer, so the translation I especially do not go. I am glad to see that you have it going. Frankly I find it easier to translate the game from English into Russian. Here is the font size:
http://www.4shared.com/office/9SRnulI8/SIZE.html
Thank you in advance for the work done.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »
4shared.com seems to require registration to download a file. Could you attach the Size.txt file here? I don't like to give out my email unless necessary.

Armips is an assembler, but it also works for other procedures.  It can use a "table file" to convert text, then write the converted text into the BGE exe, and then edit the text-pointers automatically to match the new text. If you want to try Armips, I can make an example file for you.   
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:42:49 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 05:54:29 pm »
Hah, Just noticed where the attachment file is being actualised.  :doh:
I can try to deal with Armips. Make changes using this tool as I understood in SPLS_026.61?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 07:44:19 pm »
I'll see what I can do with setting the Russian letter spacing.
With Armips it is easier to edit SPLS_026.61 directly.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 01:40:00 am »
Attached are the file to change variable width for Russian alphabet. I did not create the variable-width setup for the earlier patches and it was not very efficient. So I created a better version for you. It is also easier to edit the letter widths.

To make the changes:
Put a patched (v0.3 or 0.5 is OK) copy of  SLPS_026.61 in a folder with armips.exe, "Russian Variable Width.asm" and "Russian Variable Width.bat". Then run the BAT file.

If you want to change the letter widths later, open the asm file in Notepad and change the numbers after ".byte".

Code: [Select]
;       NA !  "  #  $  %  &  '  (  )  *  +  ,  -  .  /
.byte 0, 6, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 2, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 6, 6

;       0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  :  ;  <  =  >  ?
.byte 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 6

;       @  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O
.byte 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

;      P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  [  \  ]  ^  _
.byte 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4, 6

;       `  a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j  k  l  m  n  o
.byte 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 5

;       p  q  r  s  t  u  v  w  x  y  z  {  |  }  ~  7f
.byte 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 4, 8
The first ".byte" row sets the width for 0x20 (SPACE) through 0x2F ( / ).
The second row is for 0x30 - 0x3F and so on. 

Also included is a simple asm file example to show how to edit pointers and insert new text. The files may seem complicated if you are not familiar with assembly, but should be easy once you get the hang of it.  I have a list of some pointer locations if you want to edit the text using armips. Feel free to ask questions :smile:

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 09:01:58 am »
oh! thank you very much! Spls pulled by ultraIso, patched. But I can not put it back so that worked))). Check the size of the sector in the PSX-EXE image and SPLS - they are different (I wanted to replace the binary code on the line ...). PS in CDmage not find options to insert the file back. Right now looking for other editors images.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »
I use CDMage to re-insert all my files. To insert a file when using CDmage, open the CUE from the disk image. Then right-click on the SLPS and select "Insert". CDMage doesn't resize any of the files, and it warns you if there file you are trying to insert has an incorrect size.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:17:46 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 04:48:46 pm »
I did it! Interim margin now looks like gangbusters!
Right now, I will try to translate anything. The benefit of using my utility it will be a pleasure. Course I then open the file if the Russian text however, did not find. But you can save on memory and contain more text.
with many thanks!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:20:19 pm by Hellborn »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 11:58:54 am »
Nice!
Can you type text in KOI-8 encoding? If so, it should be easy to program a converter into BGE so that it can support KOI-8 Cyrillic directly.

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 02:44:27 pm »
Do not quite understand that I will give it. My plan is best for me: I am translating a large stack of text at once, convert the text using my tools and use the appropriate insert in the HEX code in plain text editor, 010. The area in which I can change the words I have markers. Something like this.
I wanted to ask. Can I plunder the space occupied by the words "FreeSpace"?
I also have some difficulties to change the length of the text. But more on that later on. Almost finished the translation of the words Interface (checked against the English and Japanese versions of both for most of correctness)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:47:19 pm by Hellborn »