Author Topic: Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?  (Read 160197 times)

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
Re: Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 09:41:55 pm »
Have you inserted your edited menu TIM and tried it in-game yet? That TIM has an unusual format and often gets corrupted when reinserting it into STAY.BIN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWPtd4zup6w&feature=youtu.be
 :cool:

The ASCII font chart I'm using is attached below. As far as I know, Brigandine's standard 1byte drawing routine can't access the 4th line in the font chart where the runes are. It goes from 0x21 - 0x7f. Anything above or below that gets intercepted and run through different routines. The characters on the end of the ASCII chart are not needed in the menus. Maybe you could add extra Russian letters in those slots: [ \ ] ^ _ ` { | } ~ @

Does have Russian language any 1byte per letter text encoding? That would make things simpler.
I will answer this question later. What is your timezone? I would like to keep the discus as today. At what time can you catch? I hope later will solve all questions ... I need to leave until  :smile:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:59:24 pm by Hellborn »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »
The menu graphics look perfect! Good job.

I'm in "Pacific Time Zone" USA which should be about -11 hours from Moscow.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:19:23 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 08:19:16 pm »
original:

edited:

I got to use the Russian alphabet with such placement. But unfortunately I can only translate the English text, changing the Japanese text into English in the game at this point is nothing, no text (it's amazing that the game is without problems).
For this, I also wrote a small utility for quick substitution is appropriate.

You might have used a pointer to what the English alphabet to change the Japanese? Do I understand correctly?

As for the Russian language, I will hardly be able to use the Russian language, as Russian is used in the extended table ASCII and takes you wrote above 2 bytes ...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:55:22 pm by Hellborn »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 09:48:40 pm »
You are working with the v0.3 patched exe, correct? Brigandine GE uses several different text drawing routines. Not all of them have been changed to support 1byte per letter English. The BGE text routine used for dialog, quests etc, only supports Japanese in v0.3 patch.

Will your Russian text show up in the menus (item names etc)? 

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 06:48:03 pm »
Hi! On the above described later throw out what happened (Who came over a few other urgent matters). I tested the translations into different patches. As you wrote in different patches is an increase of injections code to replace the Japanese to English (Russian for me in my case). Since my knowledge of pointers memory baseline, while hard for me to work with them. I would certainly have tried to write a program, but without the knowledge of the theory and think it is not taken.
Another answer to the question above. I work with disk image files. Bin, so as not broken is packed structure and less likely to produce bugs and downs operation the speed of the game.
I found one good Hex redactor to work with the Japanese, Russian and English and in general it seems, for any language - "010 Hex Editor."(SJIS-encoding, Fonts - quite handy Meiryo UI(support ClearType), Altarnative Segoe UI)
And yet I can not share the link of our craftsmen! They wrote a lovely soft utility for working with TIM. Key features very fast file scanning for the presence of personality types. Editing CLUTs in place. Replacing TIM without opening the image. Generally there is a lot to see.

http://code.google.com/p/tim2view/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:03:44 pm by Hellborn »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 03:45:58 pm »
I had to chuckle a little at "Hex redactor". :biggrin: "Redactor" is a fancy word; we are mostly dumb in America so we use simple words like "editor".

The first thing you will need to do is adjust the variable-width settings for the font. If you can send me a list of the widths for your Russian letters, I will make the changes and send you the updated file. The list should look something like:

letter    width
============
0x21 =    6
0x22 =    3

and so on.

You will want to align the letters to the left side, and leave at least 1 pixel-width on the right side. For punctuation, like , ! ) . % :   it is best to align them left, and leave a wide space on their right side. That way, when you enter text in the EXE, you don't have to include a space (0x20) after punctuation marks.  It saves some room.

Offline Hellborn

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »
This is good news! Then the first thing I'll do digestibility font. It would take not much time. I hope ...)
By the way, I would like to ask. You work with the game in what format? In addition to the opening game of the image of the other methods I have not heard)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 06:01:19 pm »
I mainly work with files like the EXE extracted out of CD disk.  It is hard to edit ISO directly because it includes the CD "sector data" every 2352 bytes. The CD sector data interrupts the actual data and makes the file addresses different.

If you edit the EXE directly, you can reinsert it into the ISO easily with the free tool "CD Mage".  Just open the BGE CUE in CDMage, right-click on the exe and select "import".

Does 010 Hex tool support ShifJIS? I downloaded the demo and could not understand how to display ShiftJIS Japanese.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »
Thank you! Not sure how I missed that. I had been using MadEdit for ShiftJIS, but it crashes sometimes when you move it's windows around.  I'll try 010 for awhile.