Author Topic: Sorry about site downage  (Read 1576 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Sorry about site downage
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:14:30 pm »
Somehow a new batch of malicious files crept its way back onto one of the domains of this account.  Anyhow, the files are gone, and I have yet again updated security against hackers for all things sword of moonlight so we should hopefully stay safe from this in the future.  Just fyi, the domain that got this site taken down is not at all related to som.com so the attacks are not targetting this site or its community directly...I will see about moving that domain to another account if the trouble persists.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

P.S. I hate hackers....get a life!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Sorry about site downage
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »
 :biggrin: I confess!! It's my fault!! When I was browsing the forum a message popped up saying a poor widow in Nigeria would enlarge my bank account if I game her my forum password. How couldn't say no to a sick widow!!??

:badteeth: But don't worry, when my check for $8,000,000 arrives from Nigeria, I'll give everyone a cut!!  :whee:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:55:29 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:36:23 am »
Yay.

BTW, just for everyone's knowledge, as long as I am breathing, I will make sure this site stays up :P  So if its down, just throw me an email and I will figure out whats going on.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:45 am »
:biggrin: I confess!! It's my fault!! When I was browsing the forum a message popped up saying a poor widow in Nigeria would enlarge my bank account if I game her my forum password. How couldn't say no to a sick widow!!??

:badteeth: But don't worry, when my check for $8,000,000 arrives from Nigeria, I'll give everyone a cut!!  :whee:

You know, I've done like 9 of those and each one was an overweight guy from New Jersey pretending to be an heiress.   :bowl:

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:17 pm »
Ha, I once wrote back to one of those scam emails from Russia just to see where it went. I wrote "her" saying that I was "very ugly and people say I smell quite bad".  But "she" assured me that my looks and BO didn't matter. After about 4 ridiculous emails, I got an email from a supposed translation service saying that the lady couldn't pay to have her letter's translated anymore, but if I would pay their fee, they would send me her next letter.  I replied " that's funny, I'm broke and was just going to ask her for money to get electrolysis (unibrow problem)".  Never got a reply.  :confused: