Author Topic: Cheater!!! @_@  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Hguols

• Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Cheater!!! @_@
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:32:22 am »
Due to the way Sword of Moonlight handles bitmaps, anyone can easily view all the pictures used throughout the game by looking in the DATA/PICTURE folder.

While the some hints, dreams and ending pictures are given relatively ambiguous names, it still might take away from the Trismegistus experience, if the intention is not to be spoiled.

Is this considered cheating?  Not really.  You wouldn't be given the knowledge to beat this game by peering into this folder, but it does have some legitimate spoiler elements to it as far as several puzzles in the game.

For those of you interested in snooping around your installed Trismegistus game too see how things are put together, mind your eyeballs around the DATA/PICTURE folder -- if you don't want the possibility of anything revealed.

If you want to be spoiled, or missed that 3 second dream and want to see it again, by all means head to the DATA/PICTURE folder.  After all, its your game!  #_#

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:01:41 am »
Woohoo!

Lol, just kidding.

Using the item that causes the dream sequence is much more fun than cheating=)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:34:29 pm »
Well, use your alchemists knowledge on it, and it will reveal it is in fact for a gate door and not a chest.

If you haven't found a use for it yet, I will assume you haven't quite made it to the area with the fire crystal yet.

How many solves are you at?
Site Founder

Offline oneil46740

• Long Sword Swinger
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 05:44:51 pm »
I've just  got three solves. Yea i'm a NEWB.  thanks for the hint.

Offline darchangel

• Mace Masher
  • Guardian of the Light
    • http://www.kings-field.com
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 06:38:34 am »
I haven't played in a while but the turning statue has to do with getting the nearby staff. Go in the room where the Staff is located, if you take it, the room fills with lava and you can't get out.

Now remember the pedestal the staff is on, leave it there and go turn the statue once. Go back and look at the staff now.

That should point you in the right path without giving too much away.
He who was born with the light, will die with the light...rage against the dying of the light.

Offline oneil46740

• Long Sword Swinger
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:23:30 pm »
Well moving forward, once u flip prespective the fire staff riddle becomes even harder. four crystles lock you out, two are easy enough but the two on the right i can't find my path to their counterparts. is there a hidden switch or plum sheild somewhere i'm missing?
Changing subjects on the mainland there by the fire crystle stand there is a magic seal on the ground all the others like this one my upheavle spell works on. whats up with that one?

Offline oneil46740

• Long Sword Swinger
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 12:22:58 pm »
Earth first uh. how do you get the key off the big block path? the last block i upheave isn't tall enough to get me there, i was hoping somthing from the wind ares would help.
53 solves and counting

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Cheater!!! @_@
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:12:25 am »
Thanks,

btw 71 solves and counting...
Site Founder