Author Topic: Rathmor news  (Read 11323 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Rathmor news
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 02:30:42 am »
Very nice to see you back! You were doing some very promising looking stuff last I saw. so I think we would all be thrilled to see where you take it. There have been quite a few new developments in SoM- a big one being the ability to make new animated models courtesy of Mick's x2mdl tool. Also, SomEx has apparently made in to the workable stage. Ben is the resident expert on all those things these days, so I'm sure he can fill you in on all the juicy details.
:beerchug:

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:50 am »
Good to see you around again ML its been a while! I secretly look at your old development threads sometimes, so i'm looking forward to seeing an update.  :rainbow: As you know, you introduced me to modelling and customs in SOM and I didnt give up thanks to you and all the guys here who supported me patiently.

:beerchug:

As John said, I work with SOM on a daily basis mostly, so anything you need or want to discuss just let me know. I'll help out wherever I can. :smile:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:12:48 am by Verdite »

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 10:20:57 pm »
Well that's good, because, I am sooo out of date, like for example I made my original system, that I was making my som title with, into an arcade machine( a fine one no less will post pics if you like) anywho, to make a long story short, all my machines have win 7x64 and I had a hell of a time even setting up SoM I set up a vitural machine with XP pro. I have a question? I know the directX issue in the SOM editor wont be a problem in the vitual machine, but will I have to use the win7 for any MDO or MDL translations? and will my machine running in X64 be an issue with any of the required SOM tools?     

and thanks , actually your progress is what makes me what to complete a title, now that my life is more relaxed:)your  models are top notch for such a dated engine as SOM you should take a bow:)

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 08:51:30 am »
Thanks Joe I appreciate the comment.

Same here, I started working on SOM with XP and when I had a long overdue upgrade to win7, x64 the map editor etc wouldnt show the pieces.
Holy diver's SomEx program fixes this, along with tons of bugs and added features. I can help you set it up, its pretty simple.

Totally understand about having stress and no time for stuff like SOM. Good that you've got some time for yourself now.  :smile:

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 11:20:43 am »
Update.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 03:36:06 pm »
Why not make that horn the boy is wearing the tail of one of those things that is behind him?

Also that's a really long spear. I don't guess a player could move around with something like that.

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:01 pm »
That horn is a drinking horn, and the monster behind him has a stinger.

The spear wont be available to players. The shorter one will be, though.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 02:25:50 am »
Quality stuff! The wall in the one pic looks top notch and the NPCs clothing, subtle facial differences, and natural posture look excellent. You da bomb! :5bomb:.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 04:50:02 am »
Looking over all the NPCs you've shown us, I didn't see any old geezers.  I think someone with a serious defect would be cool - like an old guy with mashed side face or missing ear. Any plans to make something like that?

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 07:07:34 pm »
Actually theres a character whos already missing an eye - see the orange haired guy (I shouldnt say ginger should I? :biggrin:)

Anyway you should encounter some Zyngaroth warriors who have seen their fair share of battle / shields in their faces. Ill remember that input, thanks John!