Author Topic: I need a custom door proof of concept  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
Re: I need a custom door proof of concept
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »
Does mdl2x have an option that exports CP triangles? Last time I used x2mdl, it had issues with the ordering of the triangles which made things not very user friendly. Since doors are all going to be rectangles, it might be easiest to export an existing Door's CP triangles and resize them to match the custom door model.

That's assuming the CP triangles are what set a door's collision shape, and I'm pretty confident that is the case.

I don't know. Probably. But possibly not. It would just export everything most likely. Let me know if you find out. It would depend on material factors. You shouldn't need any special commandline options or anything if so.

Cpgen gives information about CPs, and Somimp.exe tool will illustrate them.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »
Do you have a link to the latest mdl2x. If so, I'll convert a door and see if it's CPs retail their formatting.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 05:24:26 am »
Do you have a link to the latest mdl2x. If so, I'll convert a door and see if it's CPs retail their formatting.

Unfortunately no. I thought they'd be in http://svn.swordofmoonlight.net/tool/ but they are not. Probably for good reason, since they are not yet finished programs. Verdite is on holiday.

mdl2x was just a slapdash project. I'll see about attaching what I can rummage up here later.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 07:59:24 am »
I prepared a .zip folder with the three programs. It is 2MB. But I can't seem to attach it despite: "Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum individual size 200000KB."

I would attach them individually but the two main exe files are each over 2MBs uncompressed due to the static Assimp library. They are 1MB individually. But I don't know what the actual limit is. You can send me an email if you can't get the feature working.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:01:02 am by Holy Diver »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »
Try now.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 03:01:59 am »
Try now.

Still not working. Could be something in the site's php.ini files. Might try to attach an image that is over 2MBs. Too see if the file type matters. Or even something smaller to see what the actual limit is.

Code: [Select]
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

EDITED: For the record it isn't a timeout (took too long) on my end.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 07:02:45 pm »
Im available, so if anyone can shed light on where I need to start that would help.