Author Topic: How can you lose the Excellector in King's Field 3?  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
How can you lose the Excellector in King's Field 3?
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »
I have a KF3 save game. When I loaded it up my sword was not equipped. I've checked my inventory and the Excellector is not there.

I happened to have saved just outside of Leon's house. Well that's where the game loads up to anyway. He is currently polishing something that looks like the Icarius (or whatever) keys. I think I had collected all 3 of them, but I am not positive. I can't remember if they are in my inventory or not.

Is it possible that I handed Leon the Excellector just before saving for the last time, and did not realize that he took it? Or is my save game just corrupted?

PS: I am playing a Japanese game that I "purchased" (I think technically Sony is now calling it a lease) from the PSN store. So that could easily explain why I didn't notice Leon taking the sword. It was Lv3 just for the record.

Anyway, I've played through this game at least twice not counting this play through, and I can't recount anything like this :confused:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Re: How can you lose the Excellector in King's Field 3?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »
PPS: Is it just me, or would a super sword made by combining the Excellector with the Icarius keys not be pretty sweet? :movingeyes:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 04:02:55 pm »
You must have just forgotten you handed him the sword. The Excellector is needed to make the Icarius key. When Leon finishes the key you'll get it back, but it'll be drained and be back to level 1.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »
^I didn't forget. I never noticed in the first place :rofl:

Still I did forget in so far as I can't remember this ever happening when I played the game before. And I have beaten Seath and everything before.

Seems like leveling up Excellector twice would be something that wouldn't get past me.

BTW: Does anyone have any info on Excellector? What is it made out of? It's kind of an unusual super sword in that it doesn't really have any back story that I am aware of :confused:

Also thanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:58:17 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Xethuminra

• Mace Masher
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:31:30 pm »
The function of the excellector reminds me of the sword of moonlight, which was said to also gather power