Author Topic: Moonlight Cursor  (Read 4813 times)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Moonlight Cursor
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »
Well it's not exactly an addon for SoM seems this was as good of a place as any to post it.

A while ago I got the idea to make a cursor of everyone's favorite sword and decided to give it a shot quite recently. I feel it could use some more work but that could just be me trying to be a perfectionist so I've decided to post it here to get some opinions before I continue to work on it.

I also have it saved as a .png so if anyone wants it for an icon or something let me know. It looked better before it was converted into a cursor in my opinion.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Moonlight Cursor
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:29:55 pm »
Neat! I'm gonna try this out for awhile.
It looks good to me. It may be a tiny bit "pale" to quick-spot on a light background- not sure. Thanks
 :beerchug:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:58:17 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:36 pm »
Polished the rough edges. Seems the max size for a cursor is 32x32 and the one I made was slightly larger then that. I fixed it and I'm quite happy how it turned out now. Enjoy everyone!  :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:14:28 pm »
Yep, new one looks a bit smoother and I haven't been having any trouble spotting it on light backgrounds. Any chance you're going to make a Kings Field hand cursor for "link select"?  :rainbow:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 07:43:05 pm »
Funny you should ask. I've just finished a dark slayer cursor you could use for link select. Perhaps I'll work on triple fang next. Might make it an animated one that opens and closes. We'll see how it turns out.

(I have a nasty habbit of abandoning projects so it might happen or it might not.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:50:01 pm by scott »

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:26:31 pm »
Well I'm not quite sure how it turned out. Perhaps it's because I was unable to find a "closed" refrence picture of triple fang. I don't plan on animating it anytime soon (sorry if anyone was expecting it) but here is the closed triple fang cursor.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 01:07:49 am »
Sweet!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:02 pm »
Here is a default cursor made for point and click inside SOM games. It should appear familiar.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:56:01 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »
Thanks for posting this Mick. I've been using Scott's Dark Slayer as the "hand link" cursor, but it's shape is close to my primary cursor (Scott's Moonlight Sword) so the transition is not  easily noticeable. This wider sword icon should work well to replace the glove. I'll try to find another function for the Dark Slayer and Triple Fang. 
:beerchug:

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:26 pm »
^I kind of posted that in haste. It didn't occur to me that there is a z.cur file too (now attached above) which I assume is identical (I went for the z.png because I thought it should appear as a thumbnail and not much else obviously)

PS: I really don't like that sword for the menus. And its too gnarly at any higher resolution. But I thought its spirit could live on in the form of a cursor (being the staunch conservationist when it comes to SOM that I am)

EDITED: The CUR file may well contain a quarter sized variant or two. I am not sure. But I don't think it appears much larger than a standard arrow in game (it is much smaller, I would take a screenshot, but cursors don't appear in screenshots)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:15:09 am by Holy Diver »